Director/VP of Technology Operations eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships. Do you want to bring happiness to peopleâs lives while working with amazingly talented colleagues?
Weâre looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. We were the first to introduce matchmaking into the online dating space, and we do it better than anyone else. Weâre the Netflix where your movies have to like you back; we're the LinkedIn where you love your connections; and we're the place long-lasting, meaningful relationships are built online. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. Thatâs 271 marriagesÂ per day.
eHarmony is pre-IPO, well-funded and profitable. We have more thanÂ 50 million registered users spanning across 150 countries and have launched country-specific services in the United Kingdom and Australia. Our competitive compensation package includes a base salary, discretionary bonus, stock options, free drinks and snacks, ping pong, video games and an on-site chair masseuse. Our 65,000 square foot headquarters is located in Santa Monica, CA, just blocks from the Pacific Ocean.
As the Director/VP for our Technology Operations group, you will be responsible for enterprise wide IT operations including the data center operations, NOC, service desk operations, network operations, database and data services operations, security, server operations, software rollouts and quality control of such rollouts. The candidate will also be responsible for business continuity and disaster recovery set-up and scheduled validations. In addition to core management responsibilities, the right candidate will have a high sense of urgency, clear customer focus and accountability, along with creativity and decisiveness.
eHarmony is seeking a well-rounded and results-driven leader with broad general management competencies and strong business acumen. You should have a strong technical background with specific depth in infrastructure as well as an understanding of software development and the use of open source technologies.
- Experience with CapEx and OpEx planning, contract/vendor relations, and asset inventory management
- Assist in developing strategies for hiring, training, development & succession planning
- Oversee management & oversight of project prioritization & execution
- Ensure major programs and projects, of high impact to the organization, are delivered on time, on budget and with high quality
- Manage to defined business practices, processes, and procedures
- Solid experience with virtual infrastructure platforms and automation is a must. Experience with Cloud infrastructure is a big plus
- Solid experience in automation
- Ensure team members adhere to technical SDLC standards, estimation guidelines and best practices
- Capacity planning and projections for transparent growth
- Collaborate on the integration of physical and application architecture through close teamwork with software architects, application developers and operations teams
- Assist in the coordination of new product deployment and enhancement projects, ensuring preparedness in servicing the product
- Assist in the daily maintenance of the production application environment
- Ensure 24/7 availability of the enterprise production infrastructure
- Set up standard operating procedures including how software is deployed, change management practices are implemented, and projections are done
- Setup system monitoring and performance monitoring frameworks
- Setup and maintain alert and security policies
- 10+ years experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
- Solid experienced in high-traffic website, monetization, optimization, disaster recovery and recovery strategies, implementation of high availability infrastructure and automation
- Ability to handle first-line responsibility for isolating application-level configuration, performance and database problems
- Highly intelligent and driven to solve complex technical challenges
- Strong business acumen and exceptional organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- High degree of independence and the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Analytical, creative, intelligent, and thoughtful in approach
- Decisiveness and creativity in situations involving a variety of duties, which are often characterized by frequent changes
- Ability to visualize and implement breakthrough process improvements
- Always keeps the needs of the business and its customers in mind when making decisions. Possesses excellent customer service skills, addressing the needs of both external and internal customers
- Maintains a âdo whatever it takesâ mindset. Possess a strong work ethic and be willing to go the extra mile. Be hands-on yet delegate well and possess a ânothing is beneath meâ disposition
- Team player, demonstrating the ability to build influential relationships with people internally and externally including close ties with Product Engineering Teams.
- Inspires a progressive employee and customer-centric culture
- Is a good mentor and listener
- Highest ethical standards
||Santa Monica, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED