Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing the top engineers in any given discipline. Our world-class engineering teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone.
* You must have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world. Without passion, you would find what we're trying to do too difficult.
* You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
* We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a builder. You'll work alongside accomplished, world-renowned engineers on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.
The DMU Engineer will be responsible for driving simultaneous engineering design by ensuring package issue identification and resolution. This position reports to the DMU Engineering Manager.
- Deliver vehicle-aligned component and system targets for function, cost, weight and investment.
- Monitor ENOVIA drawing and package versioning and drawing specifications in CATIA v5 R19.
- Support creation of component specification, component DFMEA, and other technical design documents.
- Work with the Design Studio and Design Engineering to resolve feasibility and package issues.
- Develop design concepts and production designs in CATIA V5.
- Optimize the concepts and designs with analytical and physical assessments.
- Deliver designs and other program deliverables on time and within budget.
- Ensure designs are compatible with the assembly process and are serviceable.
- Create (with component/system supplier) component and subsystem design verification plans and test methods.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in mechanical engineering preferred.
- Seven years minimum experience in automotive body design and engineering - specific system experience required.
- Proficiency in CATIA v5, DMU, Sketcher, GSD, Assembly Design, Part Design, Kinematics.
- Understanding of GD&T.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to integrate state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods into product concepts and designs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with tight timing constraints.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Fremont, CA |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|