Dragon Development Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Dragon Development Engineer
Product Development & Mission Management | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Dragon Development Engineering provides a unified technical lead and authority for all spacecraft development engineering efforts at SpaceX, with direct reporting and accountability to Executive Staff. We are a small integration-focused team that works with all engineering disciplines to solve complex system development problems, relying on matrixed technical departments for detailed engineering support.
The role of Dragon Development Engineer is to provide system-level coordination and management during the design, production and delivery phases of mission-specific configurations of the Dragon spacecraft for crew, cargo, or scientific research missions.
- Primary customer interface for Dragon product information: vehicle status, upgrades, changes, baseline, etc.
- Responsible for customer interchange for Dragon changes
- Manage change log, present technical baseline, put together change packages, follow through with change packages & associated questions, drive them to closure.
- Responsible for Cargo Dragon task order assessment; follow through in design and hand off to build.
- Write weekly vehicle status updates to provide to customer on current status and progress. Answer customer questions.
- Stakeholder in vehicle manifest decisions
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- BS Degree with minimum 3 years industry experience
- Technical project Management experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience working with cross-functional team and external customers
- Highly detail oriented, diligent, hard working with excellent customer interface skills
- Minimum 3+ years of applicable project mgmt and/or systems engineering experience.
- Extensive experience in Systems Engineering, Project/Program mgmt, Integration and Manufacturing Engineering, and knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning is a plus.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED