Dynamic Environments Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Dynamic Environments Engineer
Dynamics | Hawthorne, CA, United States
The Company SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Rapidly resolve novel dynamics problems through analysis and test
- Generate dynamics test requirements as well as the overall qualification and acceptance test approach for avionics components and secondary structures
- Execute dynamic testing from start-to-finish (pre-test analysis, sensor selection & installation, testing, data analysis, model correlation, and report generation)
- Analyze acceleration and pressure time history data from engine firings, tests, and flights for use in vibro-acoustic analyses
- Build finite element models and/or statistical energy analysis models for use in dynamic simulations
- Provide dynamic design guidelines and requirements to mechanical designers in early phases of hardware development
- Minimum BS in Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 1-3 years work experience in aerospace, aircraft, or automotive dynamics
- Extensive Matlab programming experience
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, communication and documentation skills
- A â€œcan doâ€ attitude and the ability/enthusiasm necessary to work in a unique, fast-paced environment
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Experience in coupled loads analysis or random response analysis
- Experience in reducing cabin noise through design, analysis, and test
- Extensive experience developing vibration mitigation systems such as isolators, tuned mass dampers, or shock absorbers
- Experience using boundary element analysis
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED