Editorial Fellowship, HuffPost DC HuffingtonPost.com
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Huffington Post is seeking an editorial fellow to join its DC local team. Are you a journalist obsessed with DC? Are you an online news junkie? Are you the person who has the viral video before everyone else? Do you obsessively check Facebook and Twitter? Then you might be a perfect fit for the Huffington Post DC Fellowship.
Applicants should be hungry self-starters eager to learn and contribute in a fast-paced, fun environment. We are looking for go-getter news and internet junkies with strong web and writing skills to join our DC local team. This is a great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to how The Huffington Post works.
- Writing/aggregating content and headlines, packaging stories with slideshows and videos, and pushing them out via social media.
- Monitoring breaking news and identifying viral content and videos.
- Pitch and produce shareable content for a social media audience
- Aid in managing Facebook and Twitter accounts
Requirements for success:
- Insatiable appetite for news and the desire to make things go crazy on the web
- Strong research, web and writing skills
- Proficiency with social media
- Meticulous dedication to detail and the ability to multitask
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and learn from feedback
- A passion for the Huffington Post and its editorial mission
- Substantial local knowledge of Washington DC is preferred
This fellowship is located in our Washington DC office. Our fellowship usually lasts four to six months and is a paid program that we use to identify potential full-time hires ? in other words, fellows are considered to be in training from the moment they begin. Our program ensures that fellows learn everything there is to know about how the Huffington Post approaches web publishing. Fellows have the chance discover whether HuffPost is the sort of place you want to launch your career.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED