Editorial Fellowship, HuffPost HuffingtonPost.com
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Huffington Post is seeking editorial fellows to join its New York office. Do you consume the majority of your entertainment and news digitally? Are you the person who has a new viral video before everyone else? Are you obsessive about social media? Then you might be a perfect fit for the Huffington Post.
Applicants should be ambitious self-starters eager to learn and contribute in a fast-paced, fun environment. We are looking for go-getter news and internet junkies to work closely with various editorial teams. This is a great opportunity to learn all the ins and outs of new media and get first-hand exposure to the inner workings of The
Core Fellow experiences:
- Writing headlines, packaging stories and video content
- Monitoring breaking news and identifying viral stories
- Pitching and producing shareable content for a social media audience
- Aiding in managing Facebook and Twitter accounts
Requirements for success:
- Insatiable appetite for news and information
- Strong research and writing skills
- Enamored with the power and influence of social media
- Meticulous dedication to detail and the ability to multitask
- Creativity and confidence to share your unique perspective and ideas
- Ability to receive constructive criticism professionally, and quickly apply the feedback
- A demonstrated excitement about HuffPost?s editorial mission
The HuffPost Fellowship usually lasts four to six months, giving our Fellows the opportunity to discover whether HuffPost is the right place to launch their career.
This is a paid program providing experience and training from beginning to end. We focus on teaching our Fellows everything there is to know about how the Huffington Post approaches web publishing. This program is based in AOL?s New York office in Greenwich Village.
About The Huffington Post: The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 50 million monthly unique visitors (comScore November, 2012) posting more than 8 million comments each month. The site has more than 40,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects they are most passionate about. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, Quebec, France, Spain, and Italy with Japan and more scheduled to launch in the coming months.
||New York, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED