Education Program Manager
USA, Remote Office US
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
EDUCATION PROGRAM MANAGER
Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for creation of an annual strategy and readiness education plan for Infor technical education. Oversee the coordinated management of multiple, related Education development and delivery projects directed toward Infor employee, partner and/or customer training and development. These programs contain complex activities that may span functions, organizations, geographic regions, and cultures. Possess the knowledge and skills needed to be effective in both the project, business, and education environments, and to make decisions that accomplish strategic objectives.
- Build technical readiness solution for a particular business unit from multiple internal Education stakeholders and manage that plan from conception through delivery.
- Maintain credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
- Pro-actively seek input from all Infor stakeholders including Education Delivery, Product Marketing/Development/Sales, and Infor Technology Services to insure that curriculum plans and learning paths support Infor software, sales, and services initiatives.
- Initiate and manage training and development projects for Infor's employees and partners. This includes the production of an annual business plan for each Practice's training program for the year (and a Partner plan for the Partner Program Manager) and the timely production of courseware materials aligned to the Practice's business objectives. The courseware for partners must adhere to the aforementioned standards and should additionally ensure the delivery is in line with Infor Partner Network Enablement strategies.
- Scope the resources needed for training projects and programs and coordinate the sharing of resources among their constituent projects to the overall benefit of the program.
- Assign Project Managers to manage cost, schedule, and performance of component projects, while working to ensure the ultimate success and acceptance of the program. Each Program, once launched, must have a weekly status report, comprising all the component parts of course development and delivery and must meet on-time deliverables as per agreed and communicated program dates of delivery within the common development process.
- Set up and manage the training schedule and registrations, and follow up with the instructional team for attendee list and test scores.
- Maintain continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives, and make recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness toward the business result or strategic intent.
- Align with Infor Consulting Services to Establish and conduct regular program steering committee meetings.
- Communicate in a timely manner with all Infor stakeholders about any deviation from plan or recommended changes necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
§ Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design or business related field is preferred.
§ Solid Project management skills
§ Experience in working with cross functional groups
§ Competent user of Microsoft Office applications
§ Budgetary and Financial acumen required for assisting stakeholders plan and budget effectively
§ Understand the mix of products, skills required and Infor's technological direction.
§ Experience managing stakeholder relationships
preferred skills & KNOWLEDGE:
§ Ability to work independently and as a team player
§ Strong verbal and written communications skills
§ Excellent problem solving skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.
Send to Friend