eHow.com Editorial Internship Demand Media
eHow.com Editorial Internship
Content | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Calling all budding bloggers, future online editors and tech-savvy wordsmiths! eHow.com needs bright and talented editorial interns who want to learn what it takes to work in editorial for a top 20 website. We're looking for students who can juggle multiple projects, be strong team players, and write and edit with the best of them. We can promise that every day will be interesting, challenging and will prepare you for a dynamic role in new media. In order to rate among eHow's finest, you'll need experience writing and editing for an online publication during a previous internship or paid position.
eHow is looking for interns in the following areas. Please specify the area that interests you most in your cover letter.
(1) Generalist: eHow needs two interns who will work across our seven main channels (Mom, Food, Home, Health, Money, Tech or Style).
(2) Social: eHow needs one intern dedicated to social content initiatives. In addition to strong editorial skills, the successful candidate will have professional experience driving engagement via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other social networking platforms.
- Must Receive Academic Credit
- Editorial Experience (Strong writing and copyediting skills, including experience working with an editorial calendar and selecting photos for articles)
- Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- AP Style Familiarity
- Social Media Experience (Facebook, Twitter, Google +)
- Previous Internship or Work Experience
- Strong Interpersonal Skills and Experience Collaborating in a Team Environment
- Ability to Balance Several Projects in a Deadline-Driven Environment
- Subject Area Expertise and/or Interest
- English/Journalism/Communications Students
How to Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, writing sample and links to bylines
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |