EHR Business Analyst - Surgery Division Source Medical Solutions
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Description
Recently ranked by Healthcare Informatics as one of the Top 100 Healthcare IT companies, SourceMedical provides outpatient information solutions and services for ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, practices, rehabilitation clinics, and diagnostic imaging centers nationwide.
With a 20-year track record and more than 6,000 satisfied customers, SourceMedical is the trusted source for innovative applications, in-depth industry expertise and unsurpassed customer service. The company?s unique, end-to-end systems improve operational efficiency and cash flow while enabling healthcare facilities to capture, analyze and exchange data to deliver a higher standard of patient care. Check out our website at www.sourcemed.net to learn more about us.
SourceMedical is currently seeking an EHR Business Analyst for its Surgery Division Client Services Department located in Wallingford, CT.
Summary of Position:
As an EHR Business Analyst, you will be a key member of the Source Medical Implementations Team with the overall responsibility for defining customer business requirements and communicating with the custom development team. You will need to work effectively with the project manager on multiple simultaneous projects to ensure that realistic target dates are set and goals are met. To be successful in this role, you will need excellent requirements gathering and project management skills as well as written/verbal communication skills and the ability to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Communicates with clients on a weekly basis to define their business requirements.
2. Carries a workload of at least 10 simultaneous projects. The average implementation cycle is 4 months.
3. Evaluates clients? requests against current system capabilities and current custom development capabilities to ensure that project scope is achievable.
4. Works with the project manager to develop realistic timelines and ensures that the timeline is adhered to by both internal and external stakeholders.
5. Evaluates current processes within the project team and offers areas to improve.
6. Uses effective communication strategies to conduct needs analysis and communicate research results in a clear and concise fashion. Adjusts communication strategy across written, verbal and presentation modes to match target audience (internal and external) and technical competency.
7. Effectively complies with all administrative tasks required as a Business Analyst (Examples include but are not limited to the following: active participation in meetings, responding to internal and external correspondence and logging requirements in a centralized repository, etc.)
8. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
-- BA/BS degree in Business, Healthcare, Marketing or related area of study
-- 2 years of demonstrated work experience evaluating, defining and implementing deliverables for cross-functional, large-scale projects in a business analyst capacity
-- Clinical healthcare experience preferred
-- Experience using Hp Mercury Quality Center preferred
-- Demonstrated ability in translating business and functional requirements into requirement documentation, use cases and functional specifications using industry-standard product development documentation processes (Rational Unified Process highly preferred)
-- Demonstrated ability to successfully evaluate requirements with varying levels of complexity and communicate those requirements to technical and non-technical audiences
-- Experience in contributing to the design of GUI and usability concepts that result in an intuitive user experience.
-- Effective interpersonal skills (presentation, written and oral) and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of staff levels
-- Experience in software development, outpatient healthcare and healthcare billing practices preferred
--Limited to 25% travel is required.
SourceMedical offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and an opportunity for growth in an emerging company.
||Wallingford, CT |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED