Electrical Engineer Bartlett Nuclear, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Site : Not Specified
Division : SUN Techinical Services
Location : Columbus OH US 43220
Education : Bachelors
Skill : Engineering -> Electrical
Category : Professional
Job Description :
Responsible to the assigned supervisor for performing engineering work activities and projects requiring the application of engineering knowledge in a safe, effective, efficient and economic accomplishment of assigned objectives.
1. Decision making: develops decision-making skills under guidance of higher-level employees.
2. Problem solving and initiative: applies basic techniques to perform analysis associated with the resolution of routine technical problems; uses initiative in looking for opportunities and presenting new ideas and new approaches.
3. Communication skills: communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing; assists in the preparation of technical reports and papers; listens to and understands instructions, and requests clarification as required.
4. Interpersonal skills: demonstrates the ability to be a team player; relates to people in an open, friendly, and sincere manner; sees differences in people as an opportunity.
5. Technical expertise: possesses technical knowledge acquired from a Bachelors level electrical engineering degree program accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET); gains familiarity with standards, codes and regulations relevant to the area of assignment; gains familiarity with pertinent equipment, materials, systems and business processes; assists higher level engineers in handling well defined portions of routine problems or analysis.
6. Leadership and guidance: performs work activities as assigned and coached by higher level employees; demonstrates ability to work with others in both supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary; demonstrates willingness and capabilities to assume leadership roles.
7. Planning and organization ability: prepares basic cost estimates using established standards; develops understanding of work flow of routine engineering projects; accomplishes work according to plan and schedule established by higher level employees.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering in a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). Acceptable alternatives are (1) a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2) a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET) independently evaluated and found to be equivalent to an engineering degree awarded by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.
In addition to this high level description, I would offer the following more detailed requirements
?A competent knowledge in present day generation, transmission and distribution of electrical energy and the equipment used within a utility to achieve this end.
?A strong background in Power Engineering, demonstrating the ability to understand three phase equipment, sequence components, transformers, inverters, and rotating machinery.
?The candidate will be expected to assist in technical report writing and should be competent.
?The candidate will be required to work on mechanical systems using hand and power tools, they should have at least the aptitude to perform the physical work associated with the job.
?Computer skills that allow the person to work effectively and efficiently in the Microsoft Suite of applications, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
?Experience with utility or industrial electrical protection systems, equipment and programming.
?Experience in the software modeling and simulation of power systems, PSCAD, Matlab, Etap, EasyPower or similar.
?A background or minor in Control Systems, such as closed loop feedback, PIDs and similar.
?A PMP or similar project management credential.
?Experience within a utility or industrial environment with regard to electrical power engineering.
The employee(s) selected will be required to work in a safe manner and will be required to wear steel toed shoes, safety glasses and hard hats while at the site. When working around energized equipment, they will be required to wear FR clothing. Company will provide all personal protective equipment except for the steel toed shoes.
||Columbus, OH |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED