Electrical Engineer, Facilities Development
Electrical Engineer for project and construction specific engineering in the Facilities Development Group. This position requires the ability to work successfully in a team environment providing electrical design and construction support for infrastructure/utility systems. The electrical engineer will oversee and efficiently execute electrical engineering for architectural building permit packages, respond to City comments, and provide revisions as needed for permit issuance. In addition, the engineer will provide support for internal electrical project specification, infrastructure design, and material takeoffs.
- Create electrical drawings in AutoCAD to be included in architectural permit package for City submittal/review including power, lighting, and communication.
- Provide engineering and technical support for internal/external construction trades.
- Conceptualize and design energy efficiency programs for implementation across various facilities components such as lighting, motor controls, power systems, etc.
- Confer with engineers, end users, and project controllers to discuss existing or potential engineering projects/products.
- Design electrical instruments, components, and facilities for commercial and industrial applications.
- Direct and coordinate construction, installation, maintenance, documentation, and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and end user requirements.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish construction and installation standards and specifications.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications, as well as safety standards.
- Develop work scopes with project management and end users for material takeoff and job spec.
- Conduct value engineering functions.
- Support estimating and business development.
- Assist in scheduling and coordination of electrical engineering work with project manager.
- Prepare analysis/report for energy savings programs and value engineering.
- Technical problem resolution.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess much of the following:
- A four year degree from an accredited university or college in engineering, architectural engineering, or construction sciences.
- Registration as a US Professional Electrical Engineer (P.E.) in the State of California is mandatory. LEED APÂ® certification is desired.
- Proficiency in the current version of AutoCAD Building Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in National Electrical Code and all other Codes applied in the work.
- Working knowledge of energy efficiency requirements to include Title 24, LEED requirements, and ANSI 90.1.
|Location:||Fremont, CA |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|