Electrical Engineer (Flight Computing and Networking Hardware) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Electrical Engineer (Flight Computing and Networking Hardware)
Avionics - Hardware Development | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Responsible for the design through production of computer and networking hardware used in SpaceX spacecraft and launch vehicles.
- Work closely with other hardware & software design, manufacturing and production engineers in all phases of the project including requirements definition, design, bring-up, qualification and production.
- Assist in the development of automated test equipment to allow production testing of flight computing and networking hardware, including test fixture & script development.
- Write qualification and acceptance test procedures for flight computing and networking hardware.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar area of study.
- Recent experience designing computers using current state-of-the-art system-on-chip devices based upon the x86, PowerPC or ARM architectures.
- Must be familiar with high-speed circuit design and PCB layout for high-speed memory (e.g., DDR3) and communication buses (e.g., PCI Express, USB, serial RapidIO, 10G Ethernet, etc.)
- Demonstrated project experience designing, testing, and implementing computing and networking hardware (board level design) in a fast paced environment; emphasis on full lifecycle design projects not small product enhancements to legacy systems.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering with emphasis on designing for fault-tolerance.
- Python and/or LabVIEW programming experience.
- Experience with Linux kernel and/or driver development.
- General understanding of space radiation effects.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310)363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED