Electrical Engineer (FPGA Design) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Electrical Engineer (FPGA Design)
Avionics - Hardware Development | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- This individual will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing FPGA designs on custom hardware platforms
- Design and develop VHDL code targeting custom hardware platforms for a wide range of communications and input/output interfaces
- Work closely with other design engineers in all phases of the project including requirements definition, design, testing, and qualification
- The candidate must document and develop FPGA requirements and lead design reviews
- Perform hands-on lab testing and integration on a variety of challenging hardware platforms
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar area of study
- Minimum of 3 successful full life-cycle projects involving the design, test, and implementation of a high speed and/or low power FPGA design; preferably in the areas of modem or network equipment design
- Relevant knowledge includes familiarity with AES cryptographic processing cores, image compression cores, and Ethernet protocol stacks (Transport layer, Link layer)
- Previous project experience in digital communication systems and I/O interface processing
- Strong proficiency in systems design and simulation using VHDL
- Must have experience interfacing FPGAs to SDRAMs, DDR-RAMs, Gig-Ethernet PHY ASICs, FIFO controllers, DDS clocking modules and analog to digital converters
- Must have experience using third party IP cores including communications, cryptographic processors, microprocessors, and PHY cores
- Must have relevant experience developing complex and automatic checking RTL test benches
- Must have experience in cross clock domain designs and architectures
- Must have experience in hardware validation and troubleshooting
- Must have experience with Xilinx ISE
- Ability to use oscilloscope, Chipscope, logic analyzer and other required troubleshooting tools
- Must be able to work hard with a dedicated team to meet deadlines
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar area of study
- Knowledge of QPSK, Spread Spectrum based communication systems and/or Signal Processing
- Experience in programming embedded microprocessors in Assembly and C
- Experience with MATLAB
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED