Electrical Engineer (Instrumentation), Texas SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Electrical Engineer (Instrumentation), Texas
Texas - Ground Support Equipment Operations and Engineering | McGregor, TX, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
Rocket Development Facility â€" Our Texas team is an integral part of SpaceX operations and plays the critical role of testing our flight vehicles and spacecraft. Located on a 700 acre site in central Texas, the Rocket Development Facility is responsible for testing hardware from development stages through acceptance for flight, and from component level to complete stage testing. Experiencing the rumbling of a rocket engine multiple times each day is just one of the highlights of working at our Rocket Development Facility.
- Maintain National Instruments SCXI/PXI data acquisition systems
- Identify hardware requirements and compatibility
- Assemble, setup, and validate DAQ hardware configurations
- Troubleshoot DAQ hardware related problems
- Design wiring layouts and routing for interfacing to data acquisition systems
- Improve grounding and shielding of data systems
- Specify wiring specifications for harness builds
- Integration of new features into existing system
- Provide technical support for instrumentation on test stands
- Provide and update drawings of electrical power systems, data/control systems
- Provide troubleshooting support for electronic technicians
- Calibration of instrumentation sensors
- Evaluate new systems, technologies, and architectures to reduce development time, increase reliability, and to streamline operations
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- 0-5 years' experience required
Software/Computer Skill Requirements
- 1-2 years' experience with AutoCAD
- 1-2 years' experience with Visio
- Proficient manual electronic skills such as soldering, insulation and wiring, splicing, and component selection
- Experience in the field of data acquisition systems
- Proficient with pressure transducers, thermocouples, RTDs, accelerometers, strain gauges, flow meters, load cells, relays, solenoid valves
- Experience with Labview, a plus
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting National Instruments hardware
- Familiarity with National Instruments products, services and resources
- Proficient in noise reduction, shielding, grounding techniques, termination and analog and digital filtering to provide high fidelity measurements
- Ability to specify instrumentation wiring needed for various interfacing of data systems and sensors
- Experience with electrical power distribution, a plus
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage multiple priorities
- Windows Operating Systems, Intermediate
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Visio), Intermediate
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical a plus
- NI Labview, a plus
Work Hours and Conditions
- Physical effort with some handling of light weight supplies or materials (0 to 15 lbs)
- Typically 50 hour work weeks, schedule varies depending on site operational needs, flexibility required
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED