Tesla Motors is an aggressive, well-funded start-up that manufactures premium electric vehicles in the heart of Silicon Valley. Tesla is changing the future of the transportation industry and we are looking for a technically strong, fast-moving journeyman electrician with exceptional execution skills. This is an opportunity to rebuild the historic NUMMI Factory and play a key role in bringing manufacturing back to the United States.
The candidate must be knowledgeable in commercial wiring, work efficiently, and closely follow construction documents; including both drawings and technical specifications. Must have the ability to efficiently install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring systems in an industrial and office building setting. Additionally, the candidate must be a problem solverand figure out ways to get the job done within the specified timeframe.
- Interpret and apply knowledge of building plans, blueprints and wiring diagrams
- Connects power supply wires to equipment, and connects cables and wires along with terminations
- Replaces faulty electrical components of equipment such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings
- Maintains and repairs buildings' electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses
- Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Maintain high level of professionalism under stress
- Communicate effectively with others
- Support Construction Manager, Foreman, and construction team to ensure jobsite safety and security
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Ability to use a wide variety of test equipment such as voltmeters, ammeters and ohmmeters.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a successful background check
- Ability to will work well in fast paced environment
- Knowledge of NEC and local codes and construction safety requirements
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|