Embedded Linux Software Engineer Impinj
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Develop embedded Linux software for Impinj's RFID products.
- Develop firmware for RFID reader or chip products in C or C++.
- Develop firmware implementing air interface protocols, hardware device control, and/or network communication protocols.
- Collaborate with RF system engineers to define functionality, design architecture, and test requirements.
- Contribute to software test development, including unit and/or functional test cases.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum iterative design and development process.
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or computer engineering, or computer science with 8+ years experience.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and any scripting language, preferably Python.
- Expertise with using Linux in embedded environment and experience with device drivers.
- Implementation of multi-threaded embedded architectures.
- Strong lab, software and hardware debugging skills including familiarity with a good mix of software debuggers, profilers, oscilloscopes, real-time logic or spectral analyzers.
- Commitment to structured coding and code documentation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of RF concepts and/or experience developing embedded software for wireless communication products.
- Prior experience with ARM based micro-controllers.
Apply To This Job
||Full Time |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Impinj, Inc. is the leading provider of UHF RFID solutions for identifying, locating and authenticating items. Impinj's GrandPrix- technology platform is the most comprehensive and widely adopted in our industry. The GrandPrix platform's key elements are Monza tag chips, Indy reader chips, and Speedway readers and subsystems. RFID systems built on the GrandPrix platform deliver real-time information about tagged items, thereby enabling applications and analytics designed to improve business decisions and enhance consumer experience. Leading retail, apparel, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, t
> 50M RaisedInvestors: ARCH Venture Partners
, Madrona Venture Group
, Mobius Venture Capital
, Physic Ventures
, Polaris Partners
, UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund All Jobs: at Impinj
|Headquarters:||701 North 34th Street|
Seattle, WA 98103
|Company Profile:||Impinj focuses exclusively on UHF (ultra-high frequency) RFID (radio-frequency identification) solutions. UHF RFID enables writing individualized information to and reading information from tagged items without line of sight, at longer range, higher speed, lower cost, and with more automation than any competing technology. Impinj embraces the global industry standard for UHF RFID, called UHF Gen 2, which we extend through our leadership in the standards-setting process and enhance with our proprietary technologies and deep domain expertise. UHF Gen 2 systems are ideally suited for high-volume, item-level applications that require low-cost consumable tags, such as retail inventory management, pharmaceutical authentication, and airline baggage tracking.
Impinj was founded on technology developed by Dr. Carver Mead and Dr. Chris Diorio that enables low power, programmable, minimum-size analog circuits. Semiconductor visionary Dr. Mead was awarded the National Medal of Technology in 2003 and has founded more than twenty companies in his professional career. The driving force behind the UHF Gen 2 standard and winner of the RFID Journal Live Special Achievement award in 2011 for those efforts, Dr. Diorio is Chairman and CTO of Impinj and also an Associate Professor at the University of Washington. He has personally revolutionized using RFID in applications from supply-chain to pharmaceuticals.
Impinj, founded in May 2000, is privately held and has raised over 110 million in funding. Investors include ARCH Venture Partners, Alliance Bernstein, Cipio Partners, GF Private Equity, Inventec Appliances Corporation, LS Industrial Systems Co. Ltd., Madrona Venture Group, Mobius Venture Capital, Polaris Venture Partners, UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund, Venture Tech Alliance, Viterbi Group, and YFY Group.|
Support Impinj with Social Media services