Embedded Software Development Lead Impinj
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Embedded Software Development Lead
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Lead a team of embedded software engineers developing firmware for Impinj's new RFID reader or chip products.
- Work closely with marketing, systems, and R&D organizations to innovate new ideas, approaches and solutions for RFID reader and chip products.
- Dual-role as a hands-on firmware developer and team technical lead.
- Develop features on Linux and/or RTOS operating systems, including software APIs, protocol stack improvements, networking features, web interface, device drivers, and RFID application solutions.
- Work closely with product marketing and system engineering to define requirements and technical approach for new features and products.
- Member of core team to define new product architectures.
- Experience working directly with end-customers to provide support and learn requirements for new product features.
- Ownership of entire software life cycle using Agile/Scrum practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related field and 15+ years of experience in embedded system development, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise in embedded Linux or other RTOSs, and ARM processors.
- Proficiency in C/C++ with full-lifecycle experience on production-level, embedded products.
- Experience developing embedded software for network-based or wireless products.
- Functional or project management experience.
- Proficiency with .NET and/or Java, and at least one scripting language, preferably Python.
Apply To This Job
||Full Time |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Impinj, Inc. is the leading provider of UHF RFID solutions for identifying, locating and authenticating items. Impinj's GrandPrix- technology platform is the most comprehensive and widely adopted in our industry. The GrandPrix platform's key elements are Monza tag chips, Indy reader chips, and Speedway readers and subsystems. RFID systems built on the GrandPrix platform deliver real-time information about tagged items, thereby enabling applications and analytics designed to improve business decisions and enhance consumer experience. Leading retail, apparel, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, t
> 50M RaisedInvestors: ARCH Venture Partners
, Madrona Venture Group
, Mobius Venture Capital
, Physic Ventures
, Polaris Venture Partners
, UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund All Jobs: at Impinj
|Headquarters:||701 North 34th Street|
Seattle, WA 98103
|Company Profile:||Impinj focuses exclusively on UHF (ultra-high frequency) RFID (radio-frequency identification) solutions. UHF RFID enables writing individualized information to and reading information from tagged items without line of sight, at longer range, higher speed, lower cost, and with more automation than any competing technology. Impinj embraces the global industry standard for UHF RFID, called UHF Gen 2, which we extend through our leadership in the standards-setting process and enhance with our proprietary technologies and deep domain expertise. UHF Gen 2 systems are ideally suited for high-volume, item-level applications that require low-cost consumable tags, such as retail inventory management, pharmaceutical authentication, and airline baggage tracking.
Impinj was founded on technology developed by Dr. Carver Mead and Dr. Chris Diorio that enables low power, programmable, minimum-size analog circuits. Semiconductor visionary Dr. Mead was awarded the National Medal of Technology in 2003 and has founded more than twenty companies in his professional career. The driving force behind the UHF Gen 2 standard and winner of the RFID Journal Live Special Achievement award in 2011 for those efforts, Dr. Diorio is Chairman and CTO of Impinj and also an Associate Professor at the University of Washington. He has personally revolutionized using RFID in applications from supply-chain to pharmaceuticals.
Impinj, founded in May 2000, is privately held and has raised over 110 million in funding. Investors include ARCH Venture Partners, Alliance Bernstein, Cipio Partners, GF Private Equity, Inventec Appliances Corporation, LS Industrial Systems Co. Ltd., Madrona Venture Group, Mobius Venture Capital, Polaris Venture Partners, UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund, Venture Tech Alliance, Viterbi Group, and YFY Group.|
Support Impinj with Social Media services