Embedded Software Test Engineer
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.
As a member of the firmware design validation test team you will be designing and developing complex test systems to simulate the in-vehicle behavior and interaction between all ECUs in the vehicle (Drive systems, Charging systems, Battery systems, Body electronics, HVAC systems, Media/Comfort systems, etc.). Our team is part of the firmware group, and we work together to insure that all ECUs work as required and meet demanding automotive and Tesla standards before they are released.
- Leverage hardware and software skills to develop hardware-in-the-loop test systems to test extreme conditions of components and sub-systems.
- Identify complex issues between subsystems and reproduce issues found in the field.
- Collaborate with Hardware, Firmware, Systems and Mechanical teams
- Write code to simulate car environment (CAN/LIN bus, analog and digital I/O) to exercise embedded control units (ECUs) at the PCB level (hardware-in-loop).
- Contribute to growing shared codebase for writing and running automated tests.
- Greater than 3 years experience preferred
- Experience with CAN bus
- Experience working in an automotive environment
- Experience with PCBA design and fabrication
- Experience with agile software development/continuous integration
- Familiarity with a low-level programming language such as C.
- Ability to write scripts using a high-level scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience designing electronic hardware using prototyping tools and debugging using signal analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Thorough understanding of hardware, software, and embedded systems
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Computer Engineering
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|