EMEA Marketing Communications Manager Splunk
Splunk is seeking an experienced Marcoms professional to work within our global marketing team to manage the EMEA customer reference programme and drive the EMEA PR programme including managing PR agencies across the region. This is an opportunity to be part of the creation of an exciting new software category, â€œOperational Intelligenceâ€, positioning Splunk as a leader, delivering real-time insights into big data.
In this role, you will work closely with the EMEA marketing team (London & Munich), the Director of Public Relations (San Francisco), the corporate marketing communications team (San Francisco) as well as the local sales teams. Successful candidates must enjoy a fast paced, rapidly changing business environment and have excellent written communication skills (please include two recent writing samples along with your CV).
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- You will write, edit and produce compelling written and presentation materials: press releases, success stories, HTML emails, newsletters, Power Point presentations all of which demonstrate an understanding of Splunk technology and our brand voice
- You will manage local PR agencies and help to identify new partners to expand the EMEA PR programme when required
- You will work closely with the EMEA Sales team and other members of the EMEA Marketing team to identify customers to participate in reference activities (case studies, speaking opportunities, press activities etc.)
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Minimum of 5 year's marketing experience; 2-3 years in a marketing communications/PR capacity
- Has managed PR agencies
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet multiple deadlines
- Written a broad range of communications-- from press releases and case studies to speeches and contributed content
- Understands and works with a range of social media tools
- Has professional and energetic demeanor and ability to interact effectively with company executives, sales leadership, and industry influencers
- Background in establishing relationships with customers/partners for external communication efforts
- Rigorous attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables
- Willingness to pitch in and be part of ALL marketing projects
Education: Got it!
Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English or equivalent
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 3,300 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 600 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ