Palo Alto Networks (Netherlands) B.V. â€" Senior Corporate Counsel, EMEA Regional Counsel
Palo Alto Networks is the network security company. Our innovative platform, the core of which is our next generation firewalls, enables enterprises, service providers, and government entities to secure their networks and safely enable the increasingly complex and rapidly growing number of applications running on their networks. More than 11,000 customers in over 100 countries use Palo Alto Networks products. For more information, visit www.paloaltonetworks.com.
Palo Alto Networks (Netherlands) B.V., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Palo Alto Networks, Inc. (NYSE: PANW), headquartered in Santa Clara, California. Based in Palo Alto Networks' Amsterdam office, this position will be the first attorney outside of the United States and fifth attorney in Palo Alto Networks' legal department. This is an outstanding opportunity to work in a small legal department at a fast growing company. Accordingly, the Senior Corporate Counsel will have a wide scope of responsibilities. We are seeking a colleague who enjoys working independently but collaboratively in a collegial team environment within a fast-paced and dynamic company.
The Senior Corporate Counsel will provide advice and assistance on a range of legal subjects mainly in EMEA, but may also support APAC matters as needed, as well as matters from headquarters. This person will, among other tasks, provide advice and assistance on commercial, privacy, labor, corporate and compliance matters. The Senior Corporate Counsel will report to the Associate General Counsel based at headquarters in Santa Clara, California.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial and intellectual property agreements that comply with the company's policies and risk tolerance. This may include counseling and advising the Contracts Management team based at headquarters on the same.
- Respond promptly and effectively to legal requests from sales, operations, senior management, marketing, corporate finance and other internal clients, and advise on recommended courses of action and legal risks.
- Advise on privacy/data protection questions as they arise and implement recommended courses of action, policies and procedures to comply with EU privacy/data protection requirements
- Assist AGC located at headquarters with global expansion efforts and foreign subsidiary management related to EMEA.
- Act as first point of contact for human resources matters in EMEA, and assist with labor law matters as needed in coordination with Senior Corporate Counsel (employment) located at headquarters.
- Train employees on legal issues and company policies, including anticorruption, code of business conduct and ethics, and assist with implementation of policies related to the same.
- Assist with operations/import/export compliance matters.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, policies and legal processes.
- Manage outside counsel on a variety of matters as needed.
- Handle special projects as requested.
- Must be a lawyer qualified to practice in at least one European Union jurisdiction (Netherlands or the UK, preferred), have a law degree from a reputable law school, and preferably a LL.M. from a U.S. law school although not required.
- Must have at least 7 years of relevant legal experience and demonstrated success, including a minimum of 2 years in-house experience. Experience working at a subsidiary of a foreign parent a plus.
- Superior English language, written and oral, communication skills required, and one other EU language, preferably Dutch, German or French.
- Must have significant experience advising clients on and structuring complex commercial and intellectual property transactions and arrangements.
- Must have privacy/data protection experience.
- Employment, trade compliance or litigation background a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, business judgment, strategic thinking, superior work ethic, dynamic and highly team-oriented.
- Able to work efficiently with cross-functional teams and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Sense of humor and commitment to professionalism.
- Experience in network security or other high technology preferred.
- Periodic travel required, mainly in EU and occasional travel to HQ in Santa Clara, California.