Engagement Manager, Financials (ERP) Education & Government Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
MUST HAVE ERP EXPERIENCE
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH HIGHER EDUCATION AND STATE/LOCAL GOVERNMENT CLIENT EXPERIENCE
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies.
The Professional Services Engagement Manager for Financials - Higher Education and State/Local Government will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of the Workday solution on some of our largest projects. The Engagement Manager will drive the client implementation and will be involved in the development of several key project deliverables (e.g., charter, project/staffing plan, issue logs, etc.) and work with the Client project manager to resolve issues that stand in the way of project success. The Engagement Manager will also be responsible for managing to the agreed to budget and delivering the project profitably.
Position location - Must be located near one of our Workday offices
- Become an expert in Workday's Implementation Methodology and use it on all engagements.
- Project manage 1 - 2 large Workday product implementations.
- Demonstrate competency in the Workday product suite in Financials.
- Participate in the sales cycle when requested to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and develop a proposal/SOW.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to those Professional Service resources working on their implementations.
- Ensure projects are properly planned and staffed.
- Work with the client project manager to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope and/or timeframes.
- Work with Delivery Assurance to ensure compliance with agreed to checkpoints.
- Present at Executive Steering Committee meetings.
- Ensure the client takes advantage of Workday best practices.
- Be a liaison for professional services when interacting with sales and/or development.
- Identify opportunities to position other service offerings.
- Ensure the client can serve as a reference upon completing their implementation.
- Assist in the transition of the customer from professional services to product support.
- Ensure the project is delivered within the budget outlined in the SOW.
- Present client with change orders in the event they're asking Workday to perform tasks that are outside the scope of the SOW.
- 3+ years experience project managing financial implementations for larger, more complex organizations within higher education and government sector.
- Consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/software company.
- Experience implementing Workday, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft or similar application.
- Working knowledge with at least one of the following business areas: Experience with at least 2 functional areas: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Grant and/or Fund Management, Procurement, Fixed Assets, Projects, Cash/Treasury or Financial Reporting.
- Service industry experience a plus.
- Project Management experience.
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills.
- Passion for customer service.
- Business development skills.
- Knowledge of Internet technology.
- Previous experience with a major systems integrator and/or an enterprise software company a plus.
- Previous service sales experience a plus. Successful candidates have a balance of functional (business) and technical experience.
- Ability to travel
||New York, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services