Engineering Manager, Applied Science Turn
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, and San Francisco. Company revenue has more than doubled every year of Turn's existence. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Are you someone who is looking for a technically challenging management position? Turn is seeking an experienced applied research manager to lead our Applied Science team. This team is responsible for researching, inventing, designing, building, and maintaining our prediction, optimization, experimentation, and analytics technology that power billions of decisions for ad impressions each month.
We are constantly innovating - creating and applying technologies in several exciting cutting-edge areas: machine learning, constrained optimization, control systems, auction theory, game theory, collaborative filtering, experiment design, and information retrieval to name a few. Our mission is to use hard data and science to make quantum leap improvements in the performance of online ads, enhance user experience, enable efficient marketplaces, and improve the overall economics of online advertising.
Managers that join this team are comfortable leading teams of 10 applied sciences engineers; building large-scale, high speed, real-time distributed systems; would have domain expertise in information retrieval platforms, machine learning, natural language processing, optimization, big data, etc.
- Manage software development, prototyping, and research and experimental tasks in support of a variety of projects
- Supervise the work of the Applied Sciences team - managing schedules, planning, architectural and design decisions, and implementation
- Grow the technical and design capabilities of the engineering team
- Provide technical direction to the team and deliver forward-looking components to support both current features and future growth
- Own full accountability for technical design and delivery of the platform components
- 5+ years as an engineering manager or architect
- Broad and solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design and distributed systems. PhD in Computer Science preferred.
- Proven ability to transfer ideas and capabilities between research and experimental environments and fully applied operational environments
- Experience and/or expertise in machine learning, natural language processing, or information retrieval.
- Demonstrated technical leadership, including creative problem solving. Ability to provide technical thought leadership at various organizational levels.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Previous experience in the advertising industry
- Knowledge of Big Data, Java, Hadoop, Pig, R, and other open source technologies
- Startup experience
Location: Redwood City
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
||Redwood City, CA 94063 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED