Engineering Manager - Beijing Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Tesla Motors is seeking an experienced engineer to manage our engineering support for service activities in the field. This role in Service Engineering will be based out of our Tilburg, Netherlands facility and is a key connection point between our design, development, and production teams and our worldwide service centers. This role is responsible for the guidance and development of Field Support Engineers. This person must have a strong technical background as they will be actively engaged in understanding problems and developing solutions.
- Ensure effective communication between Service Engineering team and Service Organization.
- Assist Field Support Engineers with solving technical problems and choosing appropriate actions.
- Hires, guides, and develops subject matter experts in the following areas:
- Embedded electronics or complex electromechanical systems
- Power Electronics
- High Voltage batteries or stationary storage applications
- Electric vehicle charging systems
- V2G: Vehicle-to-Grid technologies
- NVH: Noise Vibration and Harshness
- Automotive HVAC systems, ideally electrical rather than mechanically driven systems
- Adaptive cruise control, lane assist, parking assist
- Coordinate with field service, quality, and engineering design teams to identify, understand, and fix root causes for failures found in the field.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures are in place.
- Work with production to ensure all methods are correct to engineering/quality guidelines.
- Track and identify field failure trends. Escalate and investigate new trends with Design and Reliability Teams.
- Provide feedback and technical expertise to Service Training Teams as well as Service Technical Writing Teams
- This role may require a shifted workweek.
- Strong ability to work and communicate effectively with her/ his team and peers inside and outside the organization.
- Strong ability to work independently, with strong organization and documentation skills.
- Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges.
- Proven skills in a technical project or program management roll, automotive a plus.
- Experience with complex automotive/ electromechanical systems, preferably electric vehicles or high voltage DC systems.
- Skilled with common workplace and database software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc).
- Database experience (MS SQL) is preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize critical tasks.
- Ability to proactively analyze situations and propose appropriate actions.
- Previous experience working on a distributed team across multiple time zones a plus.
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics, experience with CAD systems such as CATIA a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing, quality and design improvement methods (six sigma, 8D, FMEA etc). Automotive related a plus.
- Experience with automotive quality and test standards as well as regulatory compliance and testing (SAE, FMVSS, etc) a plus.
- Hardworking positive attitude. Genuine enthusiasm for the product a plus.
- Ability to inspire others to achieve results and successfully meet deadlines and project goals.
- BS degree in either Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, Mechatronics) or Business Administration with technical background.
- Minimum 3+ years experience as program or project manager in a technical field.
- Automotive experience within many fields of operation.
- Exceptional communications skills, both spoken and written in English and Mandarin Chinese.
We offer a competitive salary, meaningful stock ownership, health benefits, an exciting work environment and the chance to make a real difference in the environment by changing the paradigm of human transportation.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED