Engineering Manager - Infotainment Systems
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.
Tesla Motors is seeking a technical Sr. Engineering Manager who has had 5-10 years of design and release responsibility for infotainment systems and components. This role will manage a team of engineers and will have overall technical responsibility for the infotainment system which includes the Model S 17â€ touchscreen system. The manager should be very strong in team and program leadership with a strong focus on engineering.
- Develop and maintain product roadmaps and continuously look out for next generation products.
- Make technical decisions based on information from various sources and from his/her professional experience and areas of expertise.
- Work with suppliers to negotiate program and part costs, supplier agreements, and supplier program timing (in conjunction with Tesla Supply Chain Mgmt.).
- Skillful interaction across different groups
- Strong technical background and design sense
- Delivering high-quality product in a short amount of time
- Passionate about electrical/electronic systems, new technologies, and cars.
- A quick and flexible approach to team management, information gathering, crisis management, design, synthesis, and collaboration.
- A good understanding of displays, touchscreens, cameras, wireless communications, audio, processors, and memory.
- Solid technical breadth in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
- Has successfully managed suppliers through the specification of requirements, execution, validation, and stabilization of production.
- Skilled in driving team-members from multiple disciplines toward fact-based decisions.
- Manage project schedules and budgets
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Deer Creek, AR |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|