Engineering Manager - iOS (Sprout Social) Sprout Social
In this role, you will work on the Mobile Team as a manager and contributor, working to design, code and grow our iOS and Android applications and to nurture our growing team. The Sprout mobile applications and user experience are built using a range of mobile platform technologies. For our Sprout applications our Android app is built with Java and our iOS app is built using Swift and Objective-C, and for our Bambu applications we leverage React Native. Our mobile team focuses on building applications that are innovative, performant and intuitive in order to delight our users from across 17,000 brands around the world. Companies like Dropbox, Zendesk, Fender, Zipcar and Evernote rely on our products to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. Our engineers create the products to help make this possible.
Embedded as a member of our Mobile squad, you will be part of the day-to-day Agile development environment. Part of this will be supporting and developing other members of the team - conducting regular check-ins, providing career and professional support, coaching and advising, conducting performance reviews, etc. While you should be excited about writing production-level code, we want you to be equally excited about the trajectory of your team and your part in forming them as stellar software engineers.
We're looking for smart, creative, driven people to build great software with us. If you're the best at what you do, we'd love to talk.
Relocation is offered for this role, if applicable.
- Manage fellow mobile engineers with specific responsibility to support the growth of their careers
- Collaborate across the organization, work with Product Management, UX Designers, - - Quality Assurance, Web Engineers, and Platform Engineers
- Take ownership of any step in the software development process, from design through maintenance
- Deliver high quality code, which is functional, maintainable and performant, while working and communicating in a team environment
- Architect and develop mobile features based on visual mockups or user stories
- Extend testing capabilities by writing unit tests, creating integration tests, and assisting in basic QA testing during new feature development
- Proactively mentor junior and mid-career engineers
- Support and enhance the Sprout Social culture
- Drive your project team to build in Sprout's best interests by being cognizant of business requirements, market need, customer pains, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master knowledge of Swift/Objective-C and common iOS frameworks or master knowledge of the Android SDK and Java
- You have a passion for mobile, keeping up with the emerging trends and mobile design patterns
- You're known for working well independently with little guidance, but are also a great collaborator and enjoy coaching other engineers
- Experience with every stage of software development process: design, architecture, deployment, code reviews, maintenance, documentation, etc.
- Growing a strong engineering culture in an agile environment is something that you feel strongly about and have done before
- You possess excellent leadership, project & logistics management, and people mentoring skills
Note: When applying please submit your favorite code samples and/or Github profile
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We're proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team's shared belief in Sprout's mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago's Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is unable to provide H-1B sponsorship.
Sprout Social is changing the way businesses communicate.Investors: Lightbank
, NEA All Jobs: at Sprout Social
|Headquarters:||131 S Dearborn, 7th Floor|
Chicago, IL 60603
|Company Profile:||At Sprout Social, we embrace and revel in the fact that social media is a crucial component of brand and customer relationships. Our team of dedicated engineers, marketers, designers, product specialists and customer service professionals work tirelessly for our customers. Team Sprout also boasts a quirky and culturally diverse combination of personal characteristics and interests. From foodies to fearless travelers to amateur photographers, we share our stories and enrich each other's lives through teamwork, healthy competition and mutual respect. A sustained love of all things social guides us, day after day. Founded in 2010, Sprout is a private company backed by the venture funds of NEA and Lightbank.|
Support Sprout Social with Social Media services