Engineering Manager - Quality Assurance (Sprout Social) Sprout Social
In this role, you will work on Sprout's test team as a manager and contributor. Wearing your "contributor" hat, you will work to give fast, insightful feedback to your feature team about the state of our application. We build software with small, cross-functional Agile teams, of which our Quality Assurance Engineers are a part. Expect to communicate directly with developers, product managers and designers to develop your test strategy and help us maintain our industry leading customer experience. Our products are trusted and used by more than 17,000 brands in over 100 countries. Companies like Dropbox, Zendesk, Fender, Zipcar and Evernote rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
And wearing your "manager" hat, you will be supporting and developing other members of the team - conducting regular check-ins, providing career and professional support, coaching and advising, conducting performance reviews, etc. While you should be excited and passionate about testing at Sprout, we want you to be equally excited about the trajectory of your team and your part in forming them as stellar test specialists.
We're looking for smart, creative, and driven people to help us take testing at Sprout to the next level. If you're a software tester that is passionate about your testing craft and you have technical skills to leverage automation in your testing, we'd love to talk to you.
- Manage fellow software testers with specific responsibility to support the growth of their careers
- Test Planning for all features developed in your Agile team
- Implement processes with your Agile team to prevent bugs
- Complete or guide other team members in exploratory testing
- Create and maintain automated tests based on user stories and risk
- Contribute to testing culture at Sprout by mentoring others, and staying up to date with the latest Quality Assurance methodology and technology
- Support and enhance the Sprout Social culture
- Drive your feature team to build in Sprout's best interests by being cognizant of business requirements, market need, customer pains, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of test engineering experience, preferably testing web and/or mobile applications
- Deep understanding of testing principles, methods, and processes in an Agile environment
- Experience implementing and maintaining an automation framework (We use Selenium + Cucumber-JVM)
- Some continuous integration experience, Jenkins preferred, creating and managing automated test builds
- Experience in developing automated solutions to validate API/RESTful Web services
- Strong work ethic and curiosity - you are eager to develop your own solutions to speed up our deployment pipeline and contribute to a high standard of quality
- Work well independently with little guidance, but also a great collaborator with other engineers
- Experience has taught you the value of modern testing, but you recognize that every context is different and there is still a lot to learn
- Demonstrable leadership, project & logistics management, and people mentoring skills
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We're proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team's shared belief in Sprout's mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago's Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is changing the way businesses communicate.Investors: Lightbank
, NEA All Jobs: at Sprout Social
|Headquarters:||131 S Dearborn, 7th Floor|
Chicago, IL 60603
|Company Profile:||At Sprout Social, we embrace and revel in the fact that social media is a crucial component of brand and customer relationships. Our team of dedicated engineers, marketers, designers, product specialists and customer service professionals work tirelessly for our customers. Team Sprout also boasts a quirky and culturally diverse combination of personal characteristics and interests. From foodies to fearless travelers to amateur photographers, we share our stories and enrich each other's lives through teamwork, healthy competition and mutual respect. A sustained love of all things social guides us, day after day. Founded in 2010, Sprout is a private company backed by the venture funds of NEA and Lightbank.|
Support Sprout Social with Social Media services