Engineering Systems Specialist (PLM) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Engineering Systems Specialist (PLM)
Enterprise Information Systems | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Engineering Systems Specialist with knowledge and experience with a wide variety of engineering tools. Candidates should have experience managing highly available production Environments that can deliver a â€œLike Airâ€ experience for the SpaceX team, perform software lifecycle management including packaging of installers using vendor furnished media, custom code, application patching and break/fix. Applicant will be responsible for providing application support and this function includes investigation, diagnosis, resolution, recovery, and documentation. The ideal candidate will also be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position.
- Second Level Support of Teamcenter production environment
- Support of FlexLM (and other) License Management Systems
- Second Level Support of CAD and CAE Applications
- Mentor users throughout the organization
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Support installation on desktop hardware/software as it relates to Teamcenter and other CAE solutions
- Maintain system documentation, support of client/server environment needs in a Linux, Windows and MAC homogenized environment
- Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to deliver end user support and perform upgrades or enhancements to Engineering Systems platforms
- Contribute to the development of new business process concepts, techniques and standards through, collaboration, documentation, and training.
Education and Training:
- Minimum 1 years of administration experience with the Siemens Teamcenter platform
- At least 1 years of Teamcenter experience with Manufacturing organizations
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to write instructional documentation and convey highly technical ideas in terms regular people can understand
- A motivated, positive, self-starting personality, able to work independently while maintaining patience with constant interruptions and multiple requests
- Must be comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities
- Proficient with Teamcenter modules such as Organization and CAD data management
- High level understanding of Siemens NX integration
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred; equivalent work experience/certification
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED