About Tesla Motors:
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
Department: Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering
The Role: Engineering Technician
- Fabrication of mechanical equipment for the Fremont factory.
- Assembly of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment for the Fremont factory.
- Assembly of prototype manufacturing equipment for Manufacturing Engineering R&D.
- Direct daily interaction with the Engineers responsible for equipment projects, bringing questions and problems to the Engineers as necessary.
- Execution of technician tasks independently after initial instruction.
- Rigging and installation of manufacturing equipment.
- Experience reading mechanical drawings and assembling per mechanical drawings.
- Experience wiring and testing electrical cabinets per electrical schematics.
- Working knowledge of DC and AC electrical systems.
- Capability to work on one's feet the entire work day is required.
- Experience rigging and moving heavy equipment.
- Experience driving forklift is a plus.
- Ability to promptly and clearly raise questions and problems verbally and via email to the responsible Engineer during the assembly of equipment.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|