Enterprise Information Systems Architect (02614) Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings?
You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on two 2012 âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
The Enterprise Information Systems Architect is accountable for enterprise wide strategic planning and architecture for Workdays internal Information Systems, Data Management, and Integration which is achieved by providing strategic guidance to help business partners effectively utilize information assets within the enterprise.Â This position will be part of the bridge between information systems and all business partners, resulting in the continued improvement of Workdayâs information assets allowing for increased business insight and facilitating better decision making.Â The Enterprise Information Systems Architect will also partner with other Information Systems teams and business partners to develop the strategy and architecture for structured Information and Data, as well as unstructured content.Â Â The role will focus on building a strategy and roadmap to support Workdays growth as a leader in Software as a Service.
* Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or related field, or equivalent work experience; certifications are highly regarded
* Demonstrated expert knowledge of key technologies of the Business Areas (CRM/SalesForce, Developer Tools/Atlassian, HCM/Financials/Workday, Marketing/Content Management, BI, Data Warehousing)
* Hands-on experience and strong understanding of technology across multiple lines of business and process engineering
* Minimum of 7 years of overall technology
* Minimum of 3 years in an IT Architect or related role
* Ability to work in fast pace environment across multiple lines of business.
Skills and Competencies:
We are looking for a senior thought leader with the following skills:
* Absolute confidence with technology and technical architectures, as well as practical adaptation and functional deployment of enterprise technology solutions
* Strong cross-domain and cross-functional knowledge that will enable design of the best possible technology solutions
* A deep understanding of the technology landscape leveraged by Workday
* Ability to identify architecture components for reuse across the enterprise
* Ability to depict the enterprise information conceptually, logically and physically
* Familiarity with IT development and delivery methodologies.
* Ability to achieve a high-level understanding of the business and the business priorities, strategies and current capabilities
* Ability to work collaboratively with other stakeholders
* Excellent communication skills across all levels; ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to executive staff, business sponsors and technical resources in clear concise language
* Strong customer management and negotiation skills and the ability to mediate opposing viewpoints and articulate the advantages of a technology solution
* A dynamic and engaging presentation style that commands respect, inspires confidence and earns trust
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong leadership skills in the technology domain and a high level of drive, initiative and assertiveness
* Ability to manage deadlines and deliver quality artifacts
* Accountable for the development and management of all Information Systems Domain Technical Standards, Design Patterns, Reference Architectures Strategies and Roadmaps
* Supports Information Systems Business Technology Leads, and Business Partners to provide internal IS solutions to meet business needs that are consistent with Enterprise Standards, Architectures and Strategies
* Lead cross functional teams to design specific solutions to meet business needs and collaborate with Domain stakeholders
* Collaborates and provides guidance to various Business Partners within Workday for Database Management , Business Intelligence, Knowledge Management, Integration, to ensure they are kept current on IA technology developments, trends and practices and new Business initiatives
* Works with Information Systems and business partners to create and then support a Governance process to help ensure Business IT initiatives comply with the Enterprise Architecture Standards, Strategies and Roadmaps
* Business Intelligence (BI) - Advanced Analytics, Dashboards, Scorecards, Standardized/Adhoc reporting
* Data Warehousing (DW) Data Warehouse, Database Management RDBMS, Operational Data Stores
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Methods, and tools used to capture, manage, store, deliver, and preserve unstructured information within the Enterprise
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services