Location: Maidenhead, UK
Tesla Motors was founded in the US in 2003 by a group of intrepid Silicon Valley engineers and has subsequently grown into Europe and the rest of the world, bring electric vehicles to the mainstream,
We are looking to recruit a European Accountant to support our growing EU activities, based from our European Head Office shared services centre in Maidenhead.
- Responsible for the entire month end accounting close process for specific EU countries.
- Ensure accurate accruals, prepayments and appropriate analysis of all key profit and loss and balance sheet areas.
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Reconciliation of group intercompany balances whilst liaising with US colleagues in California.
- Maintenance of fixed asset registers and related reporting to the US.
- Prepare accurate returns for transmission to US corporate in a timely manner
- Monitor cash flows of the respective companies and work with the transactions team to ensure adequate cash cover.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of all items to allow appropriate data capture to enable reporting for VAT, ECSL and intrastat compliance.
- Prepare the VAT return data on a monthly / quarterly basis and file the VAT returns for specific EU countries.
- Provide further analysis and documentation for audit and other purposes, as required.
- Manage audits where applicable and work with foreign accounting and other professionals.
- Assist in developing systems and processes where necessary.
This is a stand-alone role and encompasses all other accounting activities relating to the European operating entities.
- ACA Qualified Accountant with up to 2 yrs PQE.
- Advanced excel skills.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written. Must be able to effectively communicate issues in a succinct and constructive manner.
- Fluency in other European languages
- Must be a self-starter who requires minimal hands-on supervision with a pro-active â€˜can do' attitude and flexible approach.
- Excellent attention to detail, whilst able to identify and prioritize key issues, within the context of meeting accounting and reporting deadlines.
- Experienced in performing hands-on analyses and providing high quality reports and schedules for internal management purposes, audit and tax reporting.
- Strong personal integrity and has the highest ethical standards, along with a sense of humour.
- AX experience
- SAP experience.
- Working knowledge and experience of pan-European accounting and compliance requirements, with exposure to VAT and import/export issues.
- Experience in Auto sales and distribution.
- Experience in US multi-national corporate setting and exposure to US GAAP.
This position directly reports to the European Finance Manager based in Maidenhead, UK.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|