Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla achieved profitability early Q1 of 2013 and delivered more than 4,900 Model S to customers in North America. Model S is the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year.
- Assist the EU Service Team to forecast custom tooling quantity requirements.
- Coordinate with Headquarters in Fremont on tooling procurement and bulk shipment to Tilburg.
- Define European non-custom tooling requirements and work with 3rd party tooling vendor for procurement, implementation, and problem resolution.
- Convert tooling requirements and specifications from engineers and technicians into actionable procurement items while keeping in mind cost minimization and timing urgency.
- Work closely with designated Tesla tooling distributors to define off-the-shelf tooling selection, implementation, and maintain tracking.
- Create tooling drawings and specifications where applicable.
- Work with local tooling vendors in Europe to design and analyze mechanical and electronic tools and equipment to meet all safety and regulatory requirements.
- If necessary, document design specifications, test results, and release part numbers in ENOVIA.
- Take the lead on finding the solutions for any special tooling requirements or concerns for Europe.
- Perform tooling validation with the engineers/technicians.
- Interact with teams of engineers working in other disciplines and on other subsystems.
- Support minor assemblies and customization of tools as necessary.
Tesla Motors is hiring highly qualified and dedicated individuals. Our hiring bar is high to keep our team size small, so each member of our team must be among the most technically gifted in his or her field. You must have a demonstrated track record in your field. Here are some other hiring criteria:
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 1 year of experience in automotive component design and project management experience
- Experience with PLM Systems, preferably ENOVIA
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication, organization, and documentation skills
- Demonstrates a proven ability to research information, solve challenging problems, and coordinate projects under tight timing constraints.
- Excellent fundamental engineering knowledge and have examples of applied engineering success through work, projects, or academic endeavors
- Familiarity with working with various outside suppliers and manage deliverables
- Works autonomously to manage projects and maintain communication with interested parties
- Acute attention to detail
- Mechanical aptitude, fabrication skills, machining, hand tools, and general electronics
- Good knowledge of the English language is a must
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.