Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The European Logistics Manager is responsible for leading both logistics operations and initiatives throughout Europe.
This individual will build and lead a team responsible for Tesla's European finished vehicle and service parts logistics. He or she will also be responsible for supporting trade compliance activities within the region. Additionally, the European logistics team will be responsible for inbound and outbound shipping and receiving at Tesla's European operations center in Tilburg, Netherlands.
Lead logistics operations and initiatives throughout Europe:
- Execute finished vehicle logistics within Europe from port of debarkation to Tesla Service Center or end custome.
- Manage inbound logistics flows of vehicle subassemblies inbound to the Tilburg facility for final assembly and subsequent delivery throughout the EU.
- Manage shipping and receiving operations for Tesla's facility in Tilburg.
- Setup and manage logistics for service spare parts into and within the European region.
- Champion trade compliance requirements within Europe and provide in region leadership, support and expertise in partnership with Tesla's trade global trade compliance manager.
- Support logistics needs for vehicle components sourced in Europe and delivered to Tesla's factory in California, as needed.
- Drive E2E process and tool development needs to support the operational activities outlined above, in partnership with the Logistics Global Process and Commercial manager. This requires knowledge of and close partnership with other functions within and outside of supply chain (e.g., planning, procurement, production, finance, sales, etc.).
- Develop and manage logistics providers within Europe to support the operational activities outlined above, in partnership with other functional managers within the logistics team. This leader will need to be or become an expert on the industry landscape and on logistics providers to be effective.
- Support Tesla's freight audit and payment processes within Europe to ensure that Tesla's freight payments are aligned with services provided and with contracted rates.
- Analysis and Planning: Develop and report performance metrics, root cause analysis, executive updates, forecasting, budgeting and analysis to drive operational excellence and identify potential opportunities.
- Customer Engagement: Work with all levels of management, meet with internal and external customers to improve overall supply chain performance; seek feedback with the goal of providing world class performance. Ability to translate customer needs into an actionable plan, collaboratively influence changes to the supply chain.
- Strategic Contributor: Participate in strategy session, analyze solutions and propose process definition, project management, industry benchmarking, provider capability and capacity assessment, and stay abreast of technology advancements within the logistics industry.
- Subject Matter Expert: Serve as a functional expert in logistics, supply chain and trade compliance within the European region. Collaboratively influence changes to the supply chain.
- Personnel Development: Build and lead the European logistics team. Develop others through influence management, provide mentoring to functional counterparts on the role of distribution and logistics, influence provider performance and drive self-development activities. More specifically, lead and manage his/her direct reports to optimize overall team performance and develop Tesla's people assets to their full potential.
- 10+ years' experience in supply chain related functions, operations management (logistics required), preferably within an automotive manufacturer or supplier.
- 4+ years managing internal or outsourced high volume logistics providers.
- Extensive knowledge of operations management including previous experience working with carriers, 3PL's, RFP's, routing optimization, lane analysis and procurement best practices.
- 4+ years' experience with TMS systems and tertiary understanding of ERP, WMS, EDI and replenishment systems.
- Leadership with complex, cross functional, global projects including setting scope, reaching consensus, execution, and presenting results.
- Experience with MS Office Applications, including knowledge of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to write, speak and present effectively and persuasively at all levels.
- Capable of effectively leading, developing and motivating a team.
- Strong critical thinking and resolution in sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Self-driven initiative to gain and share a broader knowledge of supply chain.
- Travel required up to 30%.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- MBA preferred but not required.
- Fluency in English and Dutch are required for this position. Any additional European language is a plus.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.