EUROPEAN TAX MANAGER
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
As a result of strong growth, we are now looking for a dynamic and highly experienced person to join our European team in the Netherlands.
This position will be a key member of the European Tesla team and therefore will have significant interface with senior management.
The person will provide both direct and indirect tax support to certain areas of Tesla's business and works closely with business and tax teams across Europe, the US and Asia.
The tax work at Tesla is very broad and complex.
As a key advisor, this person will be responsible for both direct and indirect tax in designated countries in Europe. T
The position will be based in Amsterdam at Tesla's European headquarters.
This position will report to Tesla's International Tax Director based at Tesla's headquarters in Palo Alto, California.
- Be responsible for direct and indirect taxes in designated countries within Europe
- Provide tax support & advice to business teams across Europe, the US and Asia
- Optimize Tesla's tax position and identify tax risks and opportunities
- Manage and oversight of direct tax compliance
- Ensuring Tesla companies are VAT compliant for reporting and in operations
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, Tax Authorities and third party advisors
- Supporting US tax team on transfer pricing, tax accounting and tax risk management.
- Develop strategic and operational implementation work plans and ability to measure results against plans
- Managing and coordinating European tax audits, including audit preparation, responding to document requests, etc.
- Advising on development and maintenance of accounting systems which provide VAT information required to be reported
- Assist in developing and documenting the tax department processes in accordance with SOX requirements
- Develop processes and implementation of best practices to building world class tax organization. Requirements
- Masters level (Tax law or economics) with 8 year minimum of Tax work experience
- Relevant experience within an international tax environment, preferably a combination of industry and advisory experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English (and other European languages) preferred
- Ability to work in extremely fast paced environment.
- A team player who is confident in communicating with others and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be nimble and have flexibility to change.
- Can manage multiple competing projects in a time sensitive manner.
- Ability to think strategically and use independent judgment in problem resolution.
- Must be a self-starter and must take initiative.
- Must partner well with all levels within an organization.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Amsterdam, MO |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|