Exceptional Senior Software Engineer mohchi inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About You:
You're a broadly experienced, highly motivated, deeply talented hands-on Java engineer who wants to change the world of e-commerce by designing, developing and testing elegant, efficient and performant front- and back-end code. You have a superior work ethic, a religious focus on quality, an open & creative mind, know how to build resilient, secure, large-scale software systems and thrive on solving complex technology problems and implementing practical solutions within the fast-paced and dynamic environment of an early-stage startup.
We're a small startup tackling huge, real-world problems in e-commerce and transforming the way we shop online & off while empowering small, neighborhood businesses with technology. mohchi (www.mohchi.com), currently in private Alpha, provides a consolidated online marketplace for small, local, brick-and-mortar businesses to establish professional online, e-commerce presence without any upfront costs or the need for technical expertise, while making their inventories systematically available for search & purchase by neighborhood shoppers.
As a senior member of the team, the candidate will help shape the product and work on a variety of challenging problems while building world-class technical solutions that address real-world customer problems in a meritocratic and collaborative work environment.
- Design, write, test, and maintain elegant, efficient, and performant front- and back-end code in line with best-practices and established internal frameworks
- Work closely with the founding team in an Agile development environment to shape the product, deliver new features and improve existing ones
- Take ownership of entire features/services & consistently deliver upon commitments
- Contribute to technical infrastructure build-out
- Deep technical expertise building Java-based enterprise applications that are robust, performant and architecturally sound & consistent
- Working knowledge of Java EE, Spring Framework, UNIX, MySQL, mongoDB, caching, search indexing
- Familiar and comfortable with a wide variety of open source tools and libraries
- Experience integrating with a wide array of back-end technologies and services, e.g. AWS
- Solid OO design and implementation experience with the full software development lifecycle, including strong focus on testing and quality
- Quality- and delivery-focused, and able to quickly prioritize and execute amongst multiple demands
- Strong analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Consistently high level of initiative demonstrated by (pro)active ownership of complex problems through successful resolution
- Team player eager and able to work closely with, learn from and mentor others while continuously improving self and team
- Curious about new technologies and their practical application in a startup environment
- Flexibility, ability and willingness to pitch-in and wear multiple hats in a dynamic and small organization
- Experience with modern web-development technologies in commercial software development environments
- Solid experience with relational and document-based databases
- Comfortable in Unix shell environments
- Expertise with Java web applications
- Experience with mobile application development
- Previous involvement in e-commerce platform development
- Able to teach us a few things during the technical interview
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science (or equivalent engineering discipline) from a top tier university
- Authorized for fulltime employment in the US
Salary + Equity
||349 Fifth Avenue |
New York, NY 10016
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Tags:||java startup e-commerce |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
mohchi provides a consolidated online marketplace and venue for small, local, brick-and-mortar businesses to establish professional online, e-commerce presence without any upfront costs or the need for technical expertise, while making their inventories systematically available for search by neighborhood shoppers.
< 5M RaisedSelf Funded All Jobs: at mohchi inc.
|Headquarters:||349 Fifth Avenue|
New York, NY 10016
|Company Profile:||We're a small NYC-based company of technocrats who build software and happen to love what we do. We're not hippies, and we don't have ponytails, but we want to change the world by creating technology that is accessible & usable, while solving big problems in e-commerce. We don't follow the herd or silly technology fads.
Some of us come from families who've owned small businesses so we understand the needs and challenges they face at a personal level. We're obsessed about transforming how online shopping works and helping ordinary people, neighborhood businesses & our communities.
mohchi (re)connects online shoppers with their neighborhood businesses by providing unprecedented transparency on the specific products & services available around them. In addition, mohchi is strategically aligned with the interests of its member businesses, ensuring its services always provide positive value while keeping dollars in local communities and satisfying happy shoppers.|
Support mohchi inc. with Social Media services