Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
The primary function of this role is to support the VP of Global Tax with both internal and external audiences and to provide general and tax administrative support for the Global Tax organization. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for handling detailed meeting planning, conference and WebEx calls and meetings, travel arrangements, mailing and correspondence, creation, maintenance and compilation of reports/spreadsheets, handle tax administrative processes, as well as proactively assist with tax related projects as needed.
Summary of Position:
- Provide general administrative and tax support, including but not limited to the following: PO processing, invoice processing, expense processing, budget to actual analysis, on boarding for employees, IT coordination, ordering supplies, scheduling meetings, filing, copying, scanning, preparing tax binders, preparing tax documents for filing, assistance with presentation preparation, coordination of processing documents internally and externally, managing and building tax file room and records (on and offsite).
- Must be able to handle routine request for execution of legal and tax compliance documents in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to effectively handle routine Tax requests and transactions.
- Must be able to work individually on daily routine tasks;
- Can exercise sound judgment within generally defined practices and policies to determine appropriate actions;
- Must be organized and enjoy process and routine tasks;
- Able to present, organize and communicate problems or issues within immediate group as well as across functional groups within the company.
- Provides complex screening, fielding, prioritizing of inbound communication, including investor inquiries via telephone, mail, and e-mail to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Fully manages the calendar of one or more team members
- Coordinates detailed travel arrangements, as well as meeting and event planning
- Schedules multifaceted conference calls, including WebEx meetings.
- Prepares documents for Board of Directors and Committees as needed
- Produces intricate spreadsheets and graphs and PowerPoint presentations
- Demonstrates a proven ability to analyze data, research information, solve problems and coordinate projects
- Maintains an advanced degree of confidentiality
- Works autonomously to manage projects and maintain communication with interested parties
- Interacts in a professional manner with senior executives internally and externally
Specific Job Requirements May Include:
- Coordinate with assistance from Legal and Tax paralegal on ensuring corporate governance matters are timely executed and filed;
- Preparing tax schedules as requested on word or excel;
- Lending tax audit support â€" advance preparation prior to arrival of auditor(s), including retrieval of documents and organizing and securing workspace, coordinating scheduling and timing of audits;
- Raising POs and submission of invoices for payment, including tracking against budget;
- Assisting with presentation development for executive presentations and meetings on Power Point and Word;
- Binder and share drive preparation for SOX, tax forms, extensions;
- Prepare and submit tax payment requests â€" both check and wire transfers;
- Manage collection of tax returns worldwide;
- Quarterly estimated tax payments, including certified mailing slips and post office trips;
- Tax return extension form preparation and processing;
- Tax return coordination of signatures worldwide and filing of forms electronically and to post office;
- Organizing exemption certificates;
- Managing all tax records onsite and offsite;
- Monitoring and maintaining tax calendar and audit trackers;
- Assistance with expense reports for Global Tax;
- Assistance with paralegal on notarization, apostile and certifications;
- Providing executive and general level administrative assistance to VP of Global Tax and key senior members of tax organization;
- Photocopying, scanning, mailing, creating agendas, meeting planning.
- Bachelor's degree / Advance degree;
- Minimum of 5 years in an administrative role in a fast-paced, demanding environment;
- Advanced problem solving, organizational and analytical skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, MS Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment (printers, copiers, computers);
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient spelling and grammar skills;
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; enjoys challenges;
- Highly organized, with planning, prioritization skills and good time management skills;
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy is a must;
- Must exercise solid business judgment and take initiative;
- Developed interpersonal / communication skills with a high degree of professionalism.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.