Executive Administrator Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide administrative and project support to department leaders, and their teams.
1. Manage day-to-day direct administrative support to the Directors of Genomics and Cellular Analysis and the Director of Translational Research ? which includes scheduling meetings, managing and updating Outlook calendars, reads, prioritizes, and distributes incoming mail, correspondence, email; creation and layout of presentations, file expense reports, maintain confidential files and records, and other special projects as assigned. Process incoming mail, to include securing signatures, further electronic and/or hard copy distribution, file maintenance, etc. Reviews and approves expense reports on their behalf.
2. Manage Outlook calendars ensuring priority meetings are scheduled and attended. Provide all meeting attendees/stakeholders with necessary documentation for meetings and ensure all attendees are well prepared. Follows the rules of Effective Meeting Management (EMM) and ensures that all members of the teams are well versed in practicing EMM.
3. Facilitate direct contact between senior managers and other indiividuals. Act as liaison with other departments and parties outside of Promega to coordinate metings, scheduling, and other issues.
4. Provide timely, courteous responses to all requests and inquiries, maintaining highest levels of confidentiality when warranted including phone calls, staff personnel/salary issues, processing items requiring signature approval, routing documents for distribution, composing correspondence, filing, faxing, and mail.
5. Coordinate travel for Director?s, as well as any member of their teams that need/ask for assistance. Make all necessary travel arrangements (i.e., lodging, registration, etc.). Oversee logistics implementation and troubleshooting. Submit traveler approval forms on behalf of Directors.
6. Acts as liaison to the teams during Director?s absences, building trust with these individuals to ensure continued confidence in their leaders.
7. Back up to Executive Administrator Life Sciences Products & Services to cover her job duties in times of her absences, vacations, etc.
8. Provide general administrative support to departmental staff as necessary, which includes but would not be limited to: overnight mailings, photocopying, ordering office supplies, word processing requests, scheduling meetings, meeting set up, meeting tear down, etc.
9. Organizes and manages meeting logistics at multiple Promega Madison campus buildings, which may include internal and external communications (written and verbal), ordering and/or insuring room, equipment and catering set-up and removal; welcoming and directing guests; providing additional assistance as may be needed during meetings.
10. Saleslogix (data entry work) ? on a weekly (or more often) basis, process sample requests and manage sample databases. It is critical that this is completed in a timely manner as close as possible to the conclusion of each show.
11. Compose, edit, compile and distribute reports and documents as requested.
12. Assist with special projects as requested by individual team members as priorities allow.
13. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assist with conference room preparation and clean up as needed.
1. Associate degree in an administrative field or equivalent.
2. Minimum 7-10 years' experience in an office environment, with at least 2 years supporting senior level staff.
3. Excellent organizational skills to effectively prioritize duties and responsibilities.
4. Solid verbal, written, and grammatical skills including telephone etiquette. Strong attention to detail.
5. Demonstrated tact and independence in handling internal and external contacts.
6. Excellent computer skills including electronic mail, calendar, word processing, spreadsheet, databases and network environment.
7. Ability to work independently as well as in a group setting. Ability to make decisions, as well as exercise judgment and discretion in daily and administrative tasks. Understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Ability to easily adapt to learning new software systems they may not be familiar with (i.e., ExpensAbles, SalesLogix, others as deemed necessary for the position).
9. Proven ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, can embrace change, and handle stress/pressures of the job in a tactful, professional manner.
1. Previous experience with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
2. Previous experience working in a corporate setting in a high-tech, global environment.
3. Previous experience working in a related departmental area.
4. Knowledge of scientific and business terminology.
1. Ability to use computer equipment.
2. Ability to occasionally move boxes or items weighing up to 30 lbs.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED