Experienced Systems Administrator - Linux and Automation Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Experienced Systems Administrator â€" Linux and Automation
We are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator with a broad spectrum of IT knowledge (such as networking, DBA, programming, and security) who is ideally a â€œJack of all trades, master of some (especially automation)â€. This role is focused on linux, IT Infrastructure and Automation of our routine IT tasks and is for someone who has hands-on experience solving problems and organizing IT infrastructures into stable, manageable environments even during high, global growth.
Our environment: Linux infrastructure includes 200+ systems in lab environment, 50+ systems in production environment, consisting of CentOS 5/6 operating systems on Dell PowerEdge servers/blades (and PowerVault arrays). Some Python, Perl, and bash scripting.
Should understand UPS, Power, and Cooling Systems. Set-up and management of co-locations for disaster recovery. Also manage a Customer Portal with connectivity to RightNow CRM. There are additional corporate applications such as Perforce, Git, Subversion, MediaWiki, Jira, Confluence, Crowd, Mailman, FTP, Asterisk PBX, SSL certs, DNS, etc.
What you'll be doing:
Who we are looking for, is someone who has:
- Automating our routine processes that are repetitive and time consuming from backup, recovery, optimization to actually setting up new systems for new employees, as well as rolling out upgrades to the enterprise. We see this being done in Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, or bash.
- Manage the Guidewire infrastructure - a large, complex site and network, comprising a mix of Windows and UNIX operating systems and various subsystems (multiple databases, multiple message queue's, email systems, DNS, etc.) along with a team of other engineers.
- Design/implement complex local and wide-area networks of machines.
- Provides technical lead on projects and/or supervises system administrators, programmers, or others of equivalent seniority.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- Extensive linux experience required, specifically running large-scale systems.
- Must have extensive experience writing and maintaining scripts for automating systems administration (Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, bash)
- Experience with Cisco firewalls and switches in production environments (Cisco certification is a nice to have)
- Working knowledge of popular Internet protocols and mechanisms (DNS, SMTP, HTTP, SSL, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to SW engineering or professional peers, and working closely with upper management.
- A solid understanding of linux operating systems; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communications, devices and what device drivers do, filesystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions), can use performance analysis to tune systems.
What sets Guidewire's team apart?
- More than ten years of previous system administration experience
- Strong scripting/coding skills
- Broad experience in a variety of roles, such as: DBA, Programmer, Security Specialist, and Systems Admin
We prize clear, rational and collaborative communications plainly based on logic, total commitment to quality, and to making decisions based on factual evidence. Since a large portion of our team is dispersed throughout the world, your ability to communicate by written, oral and collaborative communications is required. We especially value teamwork. We architected the team to work as a unit and not only as individual contributors. Your ability to get along and synthesize with your teammates is paramount to your success here.
Who is Guidewire Software?
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. Demand for our software is on the rise. Our newest offering, Guidewire Live, offers our customers an opportunity to share large problems with the greater Guidewire community and access shared Third Party applications. With an emphasis on high availability, highly secure, and practically follow the sun service level agreements, Guidewire has robust product offerings.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems -- policy, claims, and billing -- to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and operations in Poland and mainland China. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services