Facilities Technician Peregrine Semiconductor
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description:
This position is responsible for: The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine preventative maintenance and repairs for the facilities infrastructure and equipment. The Maintenance Technician will also troubleshoot equipment or facilities problems and determine the requirements for the repairs. Some specific job function details are listed below. This position reports to the Facilities Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform day-to-day facilities preventative maintenance and repairs for corporate office, clean room and electronics lab.
- Make daily inspections of the premise to determine repair work necessary and identify safety hazards within the building.
- Serve as liaison with outside contractors and vendors including mechanical and electrical subcontractors.
- Lead in the planning and execution of internal office moves, special meeting setups and distribution of office equipment supplies.
- Dedicated to Environmental, Health and Safety program; includes training, hazard communication and management of wastes / recycled materials.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years related work experience in a professional environment.
- Ability to work SAFELY by following policies and procedures.
- Experience troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing electrical and mechanical equipment in an office/test floor (clean room) setting.
- Ability to research parts, drawings, diagrams and schematics.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels and work cooperatively.
- Basic computer skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear; walk or sit; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is expected to climb ladders and work at heights above ground.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Able to distinguish colors on color-coded items correctly.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use English written and oral communication skills; interact appropriately with staff, manage contractors, vendors and others encountered in the course of work; read and interpret a variety of documents and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; analyze and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; establish priorities and work on multiple assignments and projects concurrently.
The employee is regularly required to apply computer skills covering word processing and spreadsheets.
The following traits are highly valued:
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to read blueprints, electrical schematics and piping diagrams.
- Machine leveling, alignment, and installation.
- Ability to use shop equipment: such as saws, sanders, drill press, forklift.
- Air compressors and balancing compressed air systems
- Experience with Six Sigma, Kaizen, and other continuous improvement processes.
||9450 Carroll Park Drive |
San Diego, CA 92121
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED