Federal Sales Director (JOB #243) Tripwire
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Reports To: WW Vice President of Sales
Travel : 30%
Tripwire is the leading global provider of IT security and compliance automation solutions that help businesses and government agencies take control of their entire IT infrastructure. Over 5,900 customers in more than 86 countries rely on Tripwire?s integrated solutions. Tripwire VIA?, the comprehensive suite of industry-leading file integrity, policy compliance and log and event management solutions, is the way organizations proactively prove continuous compliance, mitigate risk, and achieve operational control through Visibility, Intelligence and Automation.
Tripwire achieved record revenue in 2009, despite the worldwide IT spending downturn. Revenue grew 17 percent. While the majority of technology firms retrenched in 2009, Tripwire grew its employee base by 18 percent demonstrating its commitment to deliver the most complete compliance suite of products and services to its customers.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Tripwire has operations around the world. The company also continues to be recognized for its commitment to its employees and the environment, with Tech America?s award for Software Company of the Year and 2010 Executive of the Year, Portland Business Journal's Fastest-Growing Private 100 List, Oregon Business Magazines 100 Best Places to Work and one of the state?s 100 Best Green Companies.
Lead a transformation of the company?s federal business strategy and execution for our suite of solutions. The Federal Sales Director will be responsible for advancing the company?s overall business and accountable for achieving specific revenue goals in the federal sector. The Director will lead a team of sales executives that are servicing the federal government.
We are seeking an experienced leader who has a demonstrated and proven track record of superior leadership with the federal government driving significant revenue and market share growth. Success in this position will ultimately be measured in terms of exceeding revenue targets, and revenue growth in this sector year over year.
- Federal Business Plan: Lead the creation of a long term federal business plan that grows Tripwire?s revenue year over year. Leverage your deep understanding of the federal government budget cycles, procurement processes and integrator relationships to develop and execute on a long term strategic growth plan.
- Execute sales strategies to grow revenue through the achievement of an annual revenue quota and direct management of the channel relationship with all targeted channel customers, partners and prospects in the sales process.
- Industry Knowledge: Keep management apprised of federal issues that are likely to affect the company, develop strategies and solutions to address pending issues and work with departments to design and implement actions necessary to respond to newly enacted legislation and regulation.
- Strategic Relationships: Maintain a comprehensive perspective and understanding of industry developments, customer concerns and economic conditions within which our business operates. Identify trends that shape our markets and our customers? markets that lead to strategic opportunities with current and new customers. Need to have strong relationships and experience with system integrators and patners.
- Value Proposition and Positioning: Partner with marketing to develop unique and persuasive value propositions solution in the federal market. Effectively communicate these offerings to a wide range of audiences including the executive team, sales, existing customers, prospects, partners, industry analysts and the trade press. Must have strong influence at Corporate Headquarters as well.
- Evangelism: Speak at conferences, events, customer visits, field training and webinars. Network with key industry associations and thought leaders to drive adoption and business/revenue growth of Tripwire?s products in the federal business.
- Staff Development: Oversee the professional development of the staff, including the development of staffing and training to optimize performance and to achieve strategic objectives.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of attributes, education and experience:
- 10+ years successful experience in sales of security solutions directly to Federal customers (DoD, Intell, DHS, DISA, OSD, Civilian, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of the Cybersecurity sector with extensive industry and government contacts, including Fed-Civilian agencies.
- Familiar with the regulatory topics such as FISMA, DIACAP, FedRamp, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPPA, PCI, etc. and how to leverage and incorporate this knowledge into a selling advantage.
- Possess ?sales discipline? and leverage a well thought out Opportunity and Territory Management plan to rapidly develop territories into revenue contribution and rapidly move opportunities through the pipeline.
- Experience building, influencing and managing strategic GSA and system integrator relationships.
- Impeccable communications skills: writing, presentation creation, public speaking.
- Strong leadership skills evidenced by building a successful and enduring team with track record of coaching and developing direct reports.
- Ability to foster the integration of peers and cross-functional teams to achieve business goals, leading by inclusive management style, open communications and solution-based problem solving.
- Bachelors or four year- university degree in business, computer software or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to craft a strategic vision, as well as manage details with the ability to synthesize issues in order to successfully manage a wide range of issues and drive practical decisions.
- Must have managed a sales team contributing a minimum of $25M+ in sales revenue.
||326 Southwest Broadway |
Portland, OR 97205
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED