Field Applications Engineer (11784262) Freescale Semiconductor Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Primary Location: US-CA-San Jose-San Jose (CA110)
Job Field: Field Applications
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Job Type: Experienced
Freescale Semiconductor is the global leader in embedded processing solutions, supporting the automotive, consumer, industrial and networking markets. From microprocessors and microcontrollers to sensors, analog ICs and connectivity ? our vital technologies are the foundation to the innovations that make our world greener, safer, healthier and more connected. For more than 50 years, Freescale has played an essential role in the evolution of embedded solutions, and we want you to be a part of our next half-century. Freescale is committed to attracting great people of all styles, thoughts, cultures and backgrounds. We are driven by a culture of ownership, teamwork, and results ? an engagement worldwide of more than 18,000 employees.
Freescale is seeking a qualified Field Applications Engineer (FAE) to provide on-going pre- and post-sales customer support Freescale multicore processors. The position will be based in the San Jose Sales office and you will be responsible for providing support to Bay Area market customers. Travel to Austin is required periodically for training.
-Direct interface with customer engineering and technical staff to assist the sales staff in promoting differentiated Freescale system solutions by providing technology overviews, supporting architecture and HW platform discussions
-Configuration, deployment and support of Freescale evaluation board, Software Development Kits (SDK) and reference application software.
-Support customer board designs from schematic review phase, board hardware/software bringup through to system shipping status.
-Collaborate and consult with internal technical support and engineering to resolve customer issues.
-Understand the competitive landscape and contribute to collateral that differentiates Freescale products and system solutions.
-Generate training materials, white papers and application notes for customer engineers and internal staff.
- BSEE/CE degree or equivalent and minimum 5 years work experience in apps development
- Experience in technical customer facing applications role (AE/FAE) or HW/SW system development in networking applications involving single/multicore processors (PowerPC, MIPS, or ARM desired)
- Experience in being the direct technical interface to customer engineering and technical staff
- Working knowledge of board level hardware design or interface technologies(SGMII, PCIe, XAUI, DDR2/3 SDRAM for example)
- Experience with troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving complex SoC and board level issues and familiarity with basic JTAG debuggers & lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, traffic generators)
- General knowledge of utilities & tools useful in a Linux environment. Programmable language experience is a plus.
- Must be professional, detailed, customer-oriented, self-driven and able to collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to meet customer needs. Excellent oral and written English communication skills are essential.
||San Jose, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED