Field Engineering Specialist High Throughput Genomics
We are looking for a full-time Field Engineering Specialist living in the Boston, Philadelphia or Washington, D.C. area. This individual will serve as a primary contact for our Customers resolving technical product issues and determining root cause to identify possible solutions. General responsibilities include: instrument installation at Customer sites, instrument troubleshooting and maintenance, trending of product performance, participating in technical reviews, and involvement in demonstrating, testing and implementing new products. Individual will also provide training to Customers.
- Provide customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Interface with Leadership on new product design to include testing, implementation, installation and support of software, instrumentation, and applications.
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment.
- Document and address customer complaints following FDA guidelines.
- Ensure field service reports are closed in a timely manner.
- Support Sales Team on difficult to resolve technical issues.
- Facilitate, coordinate, or conduct technical training as needed.
- Give presentations to a variety of audiences.
- On-call support may be required.
- BS in BioMedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Must be proficient with the design, operation, and test of medical diagnostic equipment.
- Experience with IVD equipment desired.
- 5 years experience in a product support role - demonstrating troubleshooting and repair of software, electronic, mechanical, or computer devices.
- Experience with FDA regulations.
- Possess good communication, organizational, logical thinking skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to diagnose, investigate and solve complex problems and be able to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines when required.
- Ability to communicate unfamiliar ideas and solutions easily to users with little or no technical knowledge.
- Must be able to travel to customer sites regularly ? 75%+ travel on a weekly basis.
||Boston, MA |