Field Sales Representative - New Jersey/Pennsylvania Pharma Territory Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED uTracking Code
Territory consists of life science accounts in New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania. Ideal candidates will be located within the territory.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Serve as liaison to our internal and external customers. The goal of the FAS position is to provide technical support and information thereby building strong customer relationships that will lead to an increase in information exchange, technology acquisition, and economic interaction. FAS are responsible for coordination of all customer-defined activities in their respective territories, including assisting distributors.
1. Provide technical support by thorough knowledge of Promega?s product line and effective communication of applications related to these products.
2. Identify both new technologies/products and ?targeted? technologies/products that will benefit Promega?s business efforts. Champion the course/development of these technologies through Promega. Gather field data that would determine whether product should be developed. Utilize internal channels to report information.
3. Support and develop strong customer and distributor relationships by acting as a liaison between the customer and various departments at Promega bringing field issues in house and providing necessary follow up.
4. In cooperation with the Regional Manager, the FAS will design and implement a coordinated business plan for the territory that reflects Promega?s corporate initiatives.
5. Identify and develop prospective relationships that enhance electronic commerce activities within key accounts.
6. In conjunction with the Promega business units, organize and conduct field-marketing activities such as workshops, focus groups and beta test programs to gain customer feedback.
7. Monitor the competition and report important activities (technical developments, trends within key accounts, seminars, training sessions, etc.) back to Promega.
8. Represent Promega at conferences, shows, workshops and seminars locally, regionally or nationally, as necessary. Organize and plan lectures, vendor shows, workshops and seminars in specific territory.
9. Identify bulk, OEM, and custom business opportunities as well as opportunities in specific business units (HTS, Quality Monitoring, Mol Dx, GI) and negotiate agreements with accounts for exchange of services (purchasing contracts with discount schedules, freezer programs and negotiated type ? stockroom/consignment with product credit to caretaker/distribution).
10. Use SalesLogix (or other official program) to capture important information and generate a report to the Regional Manager every two weeks.
11. Establish a productive working relationship with and provide the necessary training for distribution channels in the territory.
12. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. BS or BA (MS, or Ph.D. preferred) degree in a life sciences related discipline.
2. Technical competency to understand and to clearly discuss fundamental theory and principles of experimental design, techniques and results; to stay current in technical knowledge; to troubleshoot and to provide information back to the customer in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner.
3. Minimum of 3 years lab experience with proven knowledge and understanding of molecular biology, cell biology and related fields.
4. Minimum two years previous experience working with customers in sales environment and/or marketing, customer service, technical service or similar position.
5. Must have current and valid U.S. driver?s license.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), e-mail and the use of the Internet.
7. Ability to display excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills.
8. Strong commitment to customer service.
9. Highly driven, independent worker with a strong motivation to succeed.
10. Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
11. Must possess a valid driver?s license.
1. Previous experience with integrated systems, molecular diagnostics, emerging market segments and/or distributors.
2. Previous experience giving oral presentations, teaching or training other scientists.
3. Well organized, able to devise and manage systems for handling customers/accounts.
4. Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
5. One year outside sales experience.
1. Ability to move up to 60 lbs.
2. Ability to drive a vehicle.
3. Ability to use computer and telephone equipment.
4. Ability to travel up to 50% of time, dependent on territory.
5. Ability to drive.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Newark, New Jersey, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED