Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.
Field Service Technician â€" electric vehicle charging equipment. We are looking for a technician who will be primarily focused on the Tesla Supercharger network. The technician will often need to quickly travel to remote sites to service, troubleshoot, or upgrade stationary electric vehicle charging equipment. The stations are sophisticated electromechanical systems designed to supply large amounts of power to Tesla vehicles. Stations are located along major roads, between major cities and travel destinations. Stations will eventually crisscross the country and be installed across the globe.
The network is expanding very quickly, which means the scope of the work is also in flux. Therefore the desired candidate will possess a lot of initiative and a willingness to expand their skills and solve whatever problems arise as the Supercharger network matures.
This position will also require extensive travel.
- Serve as â€œfirst responderâ€ to charging stations outages-- this will include some short notice travel.
- Perform complex and precise electro-mechanical debug, rework, and repair
- Perform tasks requiring a high level of skill and patience, with a variety of hand and power tools, and diagnostic measuring equipment (including DMMs and oscilloscopes).
- Maintain field service parts and tools through an inventory system
- High School diploma or equivalent, Associate degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in assembly and/or repair of electro-mechanical components, including systems with medium or high voltages.
- Must be able to work from complex and detailed documentation and/or verbal and written instructions depending on situation
- Strong computer skills. Comfort with Microsoft office programs. Experience with Quickbase a plus.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions, electrical diagrams, and mechanical drawings.
- Must have command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
- Willingness to work outdoors, on the road, at unusual hours
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Ability to operate a Gradall style forklift is a plus
|Location:||Deer Creek, MN |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|