Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Provide in depth technical support to vehicle technicians at all Tesla Service locations, utilizing knowledge of vehicle behaviors, vehicle architecture plus electronics and mechanical theory, to ensure speedy repair of customer vehicles and to minimize vehicle downtime. Develop and maintain all tools, machinery and equipment used in the diagnosis and repair of Tesla Roadster vehicles. Perform supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing to implement new vehicle firmware and hardware upgrades that improve vehicle and system performance. Provide weekly support for technical issues arising in the E.U. and APAC theaters of operation.
- Perform maintenance on all diagnostic tools and equipment, including chargers and other semi-automated diagnostic systems to the component level, edit the firmware code that enables new features on the hardware platforms.
- Provide technical support in order to minimize vehicle downtime and maximize customer satisfaction, through day to day coverage of internationally distributed service cases.
- Investigate and implement countermeasures to prevent repetitive problems.
- Design, fabricate and test new diagnostics tools and fixtures, at both hardware and software levels, as needed.
- Develop up-to-date maintenance and test procedures and create memo and procedure documents.
- Provide assistance and support to Service Support and Training to help develop comprehensive training regimens for all new hires in Service.
- Work with Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures/fixes are in place to limit vehicle downtime.
- Manage small projects involving multiple departments and/or outside contractors.
- Provide weekly support to the European Service teams in the form of a teleconference.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electronic or Electrical engineering.
- 5-8 years experience in a manufacturing/automotive environment.
- Team player who can also work well independently.
- Skilled at troubleshooting electrical, electronic, and electromechanical systems to the component level.
- Demonstrated experience with Single-phase 240/208 VAC, single-phase 120 VAC, and 12 VDC systems.
- Familiarity with CAD systems preferred. ( Altium, OrCad, Solidworks, Autodesk, etc).
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools, as well as general electronic test and measurement equipment ( DMM, Oscilloscopes,etc).
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc).
- Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Experience with high energy DC storage systems, DC-DC converters and ac-DC power supplies. High voltage training a plus.
- Availability for occasional off-hours calls.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.