Tesla's goal is to produce a full range of electric cars, from sports cars to mass-market vehicles â€" relentlessly driving down the cost of electric vehicles. Palo Alto, California-based Tesla designs and manufactures Electrical Vehicles and EV powertrain components. Tesla has delivered more than 2,300 Roadsters to customers in North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific Region. Model S, the world's first premium electric sedan is now on the road in North America & Europe.
Tesla Motors is looking for a Field Support Engineer to provide in-depth technical support to vehicle technicians at all European Tesla Service locations and will have some customer facing attributes to it. Occasional travel is required. Excellent Communication is highly important.
- Provide technical support in order to minimize vehicle downtime and maximize customer satisfaction, through day to day coverage of European distributed service cases.
- Support technicians in the field with troubleshooting via phone and email. Fly out to assist in problem resolution for customer vehicles if needed.
- Report all findings to management; help develop protocols for handling future problems.
- Maintain & Develop up-to-date maintenance and test procedures and create documentation and procedure documents.
- Provide assistance and support to the Service Technical Support and Training team to help develop comprehensive training regimens for all new hires in Service.
- Work with Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures/fixes are in place to limit vehicle downtime.
- Manage small projects involving multiple departments and/or outside contractors.
- Maintain thorough understanding of vehicle architecture, system design, functions and diagnostics by interacting frequently with the engineering teams.
- Regular contact and email support with techs in the US, Japan, China, Australia and Singapore
- Degree in Automotive Technology or any other Higher Education.
- Proven work experience within similar position.
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc). - Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Familiarity with regulatory and safety requirements
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools, as well as general electronic test and measurement equipment (DMM, Oscilloscopes, etc).
- Fluent in English as well as another European language such as Norwegian, German, French or Dutch is required for this role.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. A EU passport or work permit is required for this position.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|