Finance Manager EMEA Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
EMEA Finance Manager
As a key member of Palo Alto Networks' European management team, the successful candidate will lead the financial planning and analysis function for EMEA. This role is responsible for coordination of the business planning process, facilitation and oversight of the annual operating budgets, short and long term financial forecasts, financial modeling of new business initiatives and partnership economics. This role also is responsible for reporting financial results to headquarters and business partners and the oversight of local accounting and control activities.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on entrepreneurial advisor that is able to delve deep into operational and financial data to define and measure meaningful metrics that lead to insightful business decision-making as a key business partner with EMEA sales, sales operations, marketing and legal functions. The position will report to the head of worldwide field finance and develop a good working relationship with the EMEA Vice President of Sales.
- Lead all aspects of EMEA finance including:
- Partnering with business leadership to deliver monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts
- Driving annual budget processes and longer term business planning.
- Working in collaboration with business leadership to perform value-added financial analysis, to create financial models and business cases and to identify areas of risk or opportunity and business expansion. This will include region and sales channel profitability analysis.
- Performing variance reporting and analysis that focuses on underlying business drivers which can inform business decisions.
- Own EMEA financial reporting and aligning financial planning and forecasting activities with corporate FP&A and Corporate accounting operations. A key component of this function will be working with Sales management to produce an accurate demand forecast that will serve as key input to their critical business process including product build plans, inventory management and cash and profitability planning.
- Review, advise and conclude sales contracts on behalf of the company's foreign principal.
- Assist in managing the service providers assisting with statutory reporting and the direct and indirect tax compliance of EMEA entities.
- Provide input into process improvement and financial planning for EMEA.
- Collaborate across the global finance team in areas such as best financial practices, financial tool improvements and transparent communication of business trends including risks and opportunities.
- Over time recruit, motivate, develop and retain a high-performing team.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of progressive finance and finance management roles in high-growth, global companies that have reached at least $1B in annual revenues and preferably within the networking technology industry. The person's background should include the following core competencies and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related major is required. MBA or Master's degree is preferred.
- Extensive financial planning experience, including forecasting, modeling, analysis, reporting and strategic planning.
- An understanding of accounting principles and statutory requirements.
- Experience with large CRM and ERP systems, Salesforce.com preferred and SAP a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (across operating functions and geographic locations) and with Senior Management.
Additional characteristics and personal attributes will include:
- Unwavering ethical behavior combined with unmatched passion, commitment and drive for excellence.
- Natural ability to work collaboratively with others and a communication style that is direct and transparent.
- Ability to both think strategically and develop detailed solutions when necessary.
- Passionate about building a game changing, finance function matching and challenging the company's growth and needs.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED