Financial Analyst Avalara
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description:
The Financial Analyst will be vital member of Avalaras Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA) Department and responsible for matters relating to sales and partner commission calculation and analysis. They will also work closely with Sales, Accounting, Finance and Executive management on a daily basis to provide accurate and timely information and reports for performance measurement and decision making.
? The Financial Analyst for FPA is responsible for matters relating to sales and partner commission calculation and analysis. Responsibilities involve interacting with sales team, external partners, sales management, accounting, finance and executive management.
? Monitor, track, report and accurately calculate monthly and quarterly sales commission payments made to sales employees while supporting requests for information, and ensuring that commissions are calculated correctly and in a timely manner.
? Monitor, track, report, and accurately calculate monthly and quarterly partner commission payments while also supporting partner, manager, and executive management requests for partner sales and commission information.
? Work closely with accounting to provide timely sales commission and partner commission forecasts and accruals based on sales activity.
? Research partner contracts and documents payment terms and schedules to ensure that partner commissions adhere to the terms in partner contracts.
? Be involved in evaluating, implementing and maintaining a sales commission tracking tool and determining how the Partner commissions can be displayed in our Partner Portal.
? Monitor, Track, Report and Calculate Sales Commissions
o Ensure adherence to the published policies and contractual agreements when calculating commission.
o Generated accurate and timely commission and bonus payments for review and approval, communicating with payroll and A/P by monthly and quarterly specified dates.
o Capture, collect and report on quota/commission obtainment.
o Publish monthly incentive compensation statements and support incentive plan promotions.
o Research and resolve all commission inquiries and discrepancies.
o Work with sales teams and management to process and document deal splits.
o Work closely with Sales Management on all compensation plan issues including changes to quotas, territories, and sales hierarchy.
o Maintain detailed, accurate, and organized records of calculations, payouts, and reconciliation.
o Collect, Analyze and Interpret Booking and other Data
o Help convert sales commission and booking data analysis into presentation of findings and recommendations. Prepare partner commission statements as backup for all commission payments.
o Ensure all payments align to partner contracts.
o Answers partner commission questions in a timely and professional manner.
o Manage and maintain internal policies, procedures and tools related to reporting and communicating commissions.
o Research any discrepancies between Data Sources of Accounting records, Partner contracts, and internal tools
Experience and Skills:
1. Four year degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
2. Three or more years previous experience in accounting.
3. Sales compensation, partner, and/or royalty compensation experience preferred.
4. Advanced proficiency in using Microsoft Excel (Formulas, pivot tables, vlookup and other advanced excel skills), moderate level for remaining MSOffice suite.
5. Highly analytical, detailed oriented, multi-tasking, high organizational skills needed.
6. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in an environment of continuous change while adhering to strict deadlines.
7. Strong attention to detail, organizational and project management skills.
8. Proven experience in identifying opportunities for business improvement, and defining and measuring the success of those initiatives.
9. Aptitude to quickly learn complex product, channel and territory structures.
10. Demonstrated ability to work with numbers and large volumes of data with accuracy and speed.
11. Ability to work independently while having a team oriented attitude working with sales, payroll and other teams.
12. Ability to work with all levels within organizations, including executive management.
13. Experience reviewing contracts / familiarity with contracts.
14. Experience analyzing data and creating quantitative reports.
15. Excellent written and verbal communication.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: 2 - 5 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date : ASAP
||435 Eriksen Avenue |
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED