Financial Analyst Promega
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Tracking Code
JOB OBJECTIVE: Global tactical and strategic information support and financial analysis to enable strategic planning.
1. Prepare trend and forecasting data for organization to project financial results.
2. Update monthly reporting and analysis including financial dashboards, graphs and reports.
3. Assist in providing actionable analysis of sales, margins, expenses and profitability including variance analysis and commentary for review and action by finance and senior leadership.
4. Assist with the preparation for and execution of the global annual planning process and periodic forecast updates.
a. Implement planning system functions to ensure consistency, including loading and validation of comparison data, updating system for changes in organizational or business structure, set-up of templates for system users and validation and testing of system prior to roll-out to end users.
b. Provide support (training, etc.) to end-users of financial planning tool.
c. Assist in identifying and implementing process, system and information improvements.
5. Provide decision support, ad hoc analysis and modeling that encompasses strategic direction, optimal value creation and proper focus of resources.
6. Continuously seek improvement of processes and analysis.
7. Participate in preparing board of director and other presentation materials and analysis.
8. Preparation of quarterly incentive payout calculations and related analysis.
9. Provide assistance and support in development and maintenance of other analytical or calculative models.
10. Participate in specialized reporting needs related to monthly consolidation process and process improvement projects as needed.
11. Support Financial Planning and Analysis in implementation of new business intelligence and management reporting structure and environment.
12. Support functional area heads in understanding projected spending needs and/or area contribution profit to ensure they are balanced against the Company?s financial goals and objectives.
a. Provide support in monitoring and analyzing spending, as well as other financial analysis.
b. Support planning/forecast development process for the functional area.
c. Assist in analyzing the risk and return (ROI) of planned expenditures to improve on the planning and justification for such expenditures. Perform on-going post-audits of actual versus planned expenditures including the benefits realized to monitor and improve the process.
13. Provide training and end-user support for Business Intelligence tool set.
14. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Support the Finance and Accounting organization on other projects as needed.
2. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. B.A./B.S. in Accounting or Finance or related area.
2. Minimum 1 years accounting and/or related financial experience.
3. Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
4. Excellent planning and analytical skills.
5. Strong problem solving skills.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
7. Attention to detail.
8. Strong written and oral communication skills.
1. Exposure to forecasting processes and methodologies.
2. Project management skills and experience.
3. Exposure to Business Intelligence Applications (e.g. Cognos Finance/BI, Business Objects).
4. High level of skill in data query, modeling and advanced analysis techniques.
1. Ability to use telephone and computer equipment.
2. Ability to travel as needed.
Promega Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
||2800 Woods Hollow Road |
Madison, WI 53711
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED