Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies.
Workday is looking for a versatile financial professional to join the team asÂ Financial Analyst for Professional Services. In this newly created position you will partner closely with leaders within the Professional Services organization to assist in finance-related matters including designing, implementing, and managing processes that support our business needs. Workday Professional Services encompasses a broad offering of revenue-generating value-added services that help customers maximize the benefits of Workdayâs software applications within their organizations.
As aÂ Financial Analyst, you will help us build our capabilities and develop the processes to maximize business impact. Weâre looking for someone who wants to make their mark on a growing team and develop business partnering skills, is a self-starter, a great communicator and who enjoys collaborating with people with a diverse set of talents, in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Partnering with general managers within the Professional Services business to forecast revenue and expenses and to develop departmental budgets
- Monitoring department performance and preparing management reports and analysis on a regular basis (e.g., budget vs. actual and fluctuation analysis)
- Liaising with Corporate Accounting and Revenue Accounting to ensure correct accounting treatment of transactional activities, including revenue recognition and expense categorization
- Preparing journal entries related to financial close activities (end-of period accruals, reclass entries, fixed asset accounting)
- Leveraging the Workday Financials system to automate and scale current processes
- Developing insights on business performance based on the interpretation of financial results
- Proposing business process improvements to enhance financial visibility, control and planning effectiveness
The position will report to the Professional Service Finance Manager and also report indirectly to general managers within the Professional Services organization. In addition, the position will provide general and ad hoc support to Corporate FP&A to assist in effectively managing requests for information and analysis from senior management and on-going reporting requirements for the business overall.Education and Experience
- Bachelorâs degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 8 years related experience
- Prior Professional Services Finance or Accounting experience strongly preferred
- Software and/or internet industry experience highly desirable
- High proficiency with MS Excel and Word
- Experience using a large ERP system; systems implementation experience will be useful
- Ability to work independently, with general direction and guidance
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills
- Experience in the application of accounting principles to periodic financial reporting, planning and forecasting
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to learn new concepts and technology quickly
- Team player
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
The Workday Experience is the combination of everything thatâ²s unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, Cantina happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly itâ²s our people. Itâ²s everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a workday. At Workday, we are committed to equal employment opportunity.
Workday does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Workday will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.