Financial Analyst Diagnostic Hybrids
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Category: Finance
This position is responsible for supporting the Financial Planning & Analysis team in several key areas including: revenue reporting and analysis, trend analysis, monthly revenue forecasts and annual operating plan (AOP) process. This individual is also responsible for the management of distributor incentive and promotional programs targeted to end users and distributors. This analyst will prepare and present timely, accurate and relevant financial information as well as ad hoc and financial reporting and analysis. This individual will use knowledge of the company?s financial systems to extract financial data from various accounting and information systems, perform moderately complex statistical, cost and financial analysis of financial reports and data, and prepare subsequent narrative analysis for management.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (Includes primary job duties as well as the percent of time spent on each accountability. Note: percent time spent should not add up to more than 100%. Number of accountabilities should be between 5-10.):
1. Provides revenue data and analysis through regular reporting (daily, weekly, monthly).
2. Provides analytical support for revenue forecast and planning meetings
3. Provides analysis of actual revenue results versus forecasted trends.
Revenue & Margin Analysis:
1. Maintains the revenue database
2. Analyzes revenue and margin results in support of the month end close.
3. Interprets margin results and provides commentary for management dashboards
Ad Hoc Financial Analysis:
1. Analyzes financial data and provides interpretation of results. Develops financial reports or graphical representation of data for forecasting, trending, and variance analysis
2. Understands and identifies key financial trends, measurements of key performance metrics, line of business budgeting, forecasting, and key initiative evaluation and planning.
3. Assist in the development and maintenance of reports and dashboards on the business intelligence software
Annual Operating Plan Support:
1. Supports development of revenue and margin portion of annual operating plan.
2. Takes the lead in revenue planning providing historical trend analysis and supporting the sales and marketing team with assumptions and projections
3. Provides administrative back up of budgeting software & user support
Distributor Programs, Admin and Marketing Fees:
1. Reviews all distributor incentive and rebate programs.
2. Calculates and coordinates distributor payouts.
3. Analyzes rebate and incentive performance to incorporate automatic revenue reductions into the ERP system
Education and Experience:
Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial and/or strategic analysis. Additional education may be substituted for some experience. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Bachelor?s degree in business, accounting, or finance required. MBA preferred.
Strong analytical and communication skills to convey information effectively. Ability to distill large amounts of data and translate analysis into compelling presentations.
Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work with all levels in an organization.
Knowledge of business and management principles involved in financial modeling, strategic planning, and resource allocation.
High level of accuracy in all work.
Ability to identify measures or indicators of performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to corporate objectives.
Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite of products, including PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
Quidel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Location Not specified
Minimum Experience (yrs): 3
Required Education: Bachelors of Arts / Science
||San Diego, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED